Modded cosmos v The Reverb G2

The above image is a screen grab through the lens of my lens modded wireless Vive cosmos.

I know it’s not an apple to apple test and I’m only using my iPhone but thought it would give an idea of colours etc.

This is a grab from Sebastian G2 footage.

4 Likes

That’s with the gear lens mod I presume , given that the cosmos can work with wireless it might be a consideration to upgrade my vive pro , Is it possible to get eyes close to the lens ??

1 Like

Hi yes It is the colours are fantastic way way better than an index. Yes you can I ordered a set of pu leather face pads from AliExpress for £6 and modded the front cushion the difference is night and day to the fov. The wireless cosmos (modded) is very underrated.

2 Likes

Have you compared it to a modded vive pro ??

Hi I never ordered the Vive pro but have read good things. The barrel fish eye distortion and scale problems are not present with the latest adapters and a cosmos. I wish MRTV could test it or more people could try it because it’s very good as Sebastian’s would say.

1 Like

If you get any eye strain / discomfort from the lens mod , I found adding a thin strip of double sided tape to the peripheral edge of the lens adapters fixed it for me

1 Like

Good suggestion thank you I haven’t had the issue thankfully I was fully expecting it but all good. My daughter uses it daily and has never complained either. :0) I wonder if they have altered the angle of the adapters to compensate?

Hi!

Just yesterday I put on the Cosmos again to measure FOV. It had good colors but the picture had no chance against the G2. G2 is so much better and has better comfort and FOV. But there will be some more Cosmos footage, I still have to review Elite.

3 Likes

Please rip out those awful lenses and the face cushion in the name of science the sharpness and colours are really improved :0) I look forward your review as always but please at least mention the mods in the review. I really disliked the std cosmos the awful sweet spot and fov but modded it’s a different HMD.

5 Likes

It still doesn’t come close to the clarity of the Reverb or 8K X. It’s certainly a nice headset and the one I’d recommend if you’re an enthusiast who really wants wireless as a top priority, but if resolution/clarity are your top priority, it’s still not as good as the top headsets in that dept.

2 Likes

I have not tried an 8KX or G2 but I have tried a Reverb G1 and wasn’t impressed by the colours or clarity. Sebastian says the G2 is much improved so I would really like to try that.

Everyone seems to have a different experience with the G1 because of its fixed IPD. For me, it has the best clarity of all the current headsets and has great colors, better than the index and just as good or better than the modded cosmos. If the G2 is better, especially for people with varying IPDs, it will definitely be the best bang for the buck headset around.

1 Like

Yes Sebastian , do the lens mod " for science "
Gründlichkeit

If you do just keep it upside down while you insert new lens and /remove loosened original lens then you’ll get no dust at all falling into the lens hole

3 Likes

Maybe I was expecting to much from the G1 I had it on order for ages while they sorted the initial problems. My ipd is 64 so normally ok. Thought the sde was still noticeable and it for me was lacking in colour/contrast. I also hate the wmr controllers. The G2 looks a big improvement all round.

1 Like

The guys are correct, HTC Cosmos (used Elite) with modded lenses beats HP Reverb G1 in clarity for me too. Used it with Index controllers natively.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.