Micro-screen headsets coming out of the wood work. MeganeX

Perhaps we should start a petition to make PSVR2 compatible with PC? Or some smart genius should Kickstart an adaptor/cable :thinking:

1 Like

There are rumours that Alyx is coming to PSVR2, so it might be possible that the PSVR2 is in return compatible with SteamVR? I highly doubt it though, tbh. I’m guessing all the tracking is processed on the PS5, so someone emulating that with a PC driver would be extremely difficult. It’s not like PSVR that has a fairly straight forward tracking system that could be emulated with a webcam looking at the headset. I’d imagine getting the PSVR2 to work on PC would require a crazy amount of work.

Honestly though, sony could sell a “PCVR” version for like 300 more and it would likely do very well. But ultimately that conflicts with their entire business model of keeping people locked into their ecosystem, the hardware isn’t where the money is for them.

1 Like

considering the cable is a usb-c cable this shouldn’t be necessary.

1 Like

Hard to.say on this. Sony used to sell Pc laptops. But Sony is at times s weird company. With consoles becoming more pc like based it might not be too difficult as folks made psvr 1 pc compatible save it did take time to get everything working. Psvr2 maybe difficult with some of it’s more unique features. Ie ET FR might be harder due to not having a real standard on pc yet.

Honestly this is the only positive side to sony going tethered. High Quality PC content is on the decline, but i suspect with devs wanting to target psvr2 we will likely see the age of high fidelity vr come back.

also Sony forcing ET as a standard could speed up adoption of the tech.

I wonder if Sony is using OpenXR?

1 Like

That is a good question. One the biggest pitfall with Sega Saturn was difficult to DeV on. Imagine with Consoles now using a closer PC root should see more standards adopted.

We might be able to see if Sony joined OpenXR consortium. However as @SmallBaguette mentioned Sony is a fan of closed system locks.

Otherwise Sony might have released an official psvr 1 support on pc.

1 Like

Yes and no, I was in the few first person to buy the PSVR headset for 600$CAN without the PS4 just for FUN. But PSVR support on PC was always a hack susceptible to break on any given days after a firmware update.

The goal for SONY is that user buy some VR games on the PS5 so I don’t see any chance of direct support from SONY. wich is sad because the PSVR was a excellent headset on 2 point

• confort
  • Image quality ( even today it’s scores are best for some categories )
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.