MAS -> Deluxe MAS Shipping Cost

As a Kickstarter backer, I recently went and upgraded the MAS included in my backing to a Deluxe MAS through the steps outlined here:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/how-backers-upgrade-to-deluxe-audio-strap/24987/6?u=dazbme
and here:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/how-backers-upgrade-to-deluxe-audio-strap/24987/10?u=dazbme

So I was given a coupon of $119.95 for the price of the original MAS I would be receiving and a coupon of $100 for my 8k to 5k+ conversion that I did. I used both of these at checkout to cover the $219.95 cost, but was prompted to pay an additional $35 for shipping.

If I chose not to do this upgrade, the shipping on my MAS would have already been covered by the kickstarter, correct? Why should choosing to upgrade suddenly require me to pay this shipping cost? Surely shipping on the Deluxe MAS vs the original MAS is practically the same.

I brought this up with pimax support but they are insisting that I have to pay the $35 shipping charge now that I am upgrading to the Deluxe MAS. This seems a little scummy to me, am I wrong here? Would I have to pay shipping on the original MAS had I not chosen to upgrade?

3 Likes

The Deluxe MAS will afaik not be ready when the 8k X ships, thus I payed the $35. If you can wait I could imagine that Pimax might be ok to bundle the Deluxe MAS and the 8k X, so only 1x shipping applies - the one you already payed.

1 Like

I am not getting the 8kX. I backed the 8k, downgraded the 5k+, and was just waiting to get the accessories included with it from the kickstarter. So as far as I know I the MAS was always going to be shipped on its own to me.

2 Likes

Ah, ok. No clue, you might have to negotiate with them. Not having to pay the $35 (again) in your case would sound plausible from my perspective.

1 Like

Yes ALL this needs clarifying, its still very vague.
I am in the same boat, I keep all stretched goals, I need to sell the 5K+ first before I think about the upgrade to the 8k+ or X.
I am waiting for the MAS, and hoping I can use My coupons to upgrade to the deluxe MAS, and may be the comfort kit, (which by the way it should have holes cut in it to fit the two fans that we should get with the stretched goals. or is that some thing else we will not get?)
Do we get a coupon now that the eye tracking is no longer a stretched goal ?, every one that has upgraded gets discount but those that did not upgrade seam to be getting penalized for not being able to up grade yet.
So why even more postage on top of what we already paid ?

2 Likes

A clear update on all these items would be great. Haven’t seen any news about the coupon for wireless, coupon for eye tracking, and possibilities on how to convert them for anything else. Still no update on the cooling fans, prescription lens adapter (although i don’t need it, but maybe some others do) and the other stretch goals, as well as the comfort kit. I think all of us threw again a lot of money already at Pimax upgrading and paying additional shipping costs… Is the Kickstarter campaign meant to take forever or are we finally closing in on recieving all things promised? (Although heavily altered in the past 2 years). @PimaxQuorra ?
Please finish this KS campaign asap and then focus on business. We still feel forgotten, to be honest…
Asking to be patient wouldn’t be realistic anymore now.

3 Likes

Hello Dazbme,

Are you able to spare us some time, we will go on the CS team and figure out what’s happening on your request, and some logistics policies. Try to figure out the best answer for you!

@mindscan , thank you for reminding us, we did write down your topic and passed over to the team. Soon we will make a clear update on this statement. For sure, we are not forgetting our Backers, trying our best to fulfil all these promised things.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

2 Likes

I’ve talked with the Pimax team through support for a while and they seem pretty adamant that shipping the Deluxe MAS is $35 more expensive than shipping the standard MAS. I got this response recently:

Sorry for the late reply.
Because we arranged the shipment separately, the $45 freight you paid at kickstarter page must not be enough, so you have to pay extra shipping fee.
Thanks for your support.

So uh, make sure to add an extra $35 to the cost of the Deluxe MAS over the standard MAS when you’re considering upgrading :wink:

1 Like

That doesn’t sound fair.
@PimaxQuorra

2 Likes

Could it be because they’re first shipping the Standard MAS and then the Deluxe MAS (or replacement deluxe headphones) when it’s ready?

That would be excellent and I would gladly pay the shipping cost if this was the case but I very much doubt that I will be getting anything until the Deluxe MAS is ready to ship. It’s sounding like the MAS and Deluxe MAS are two entirely different products, not the same product with user interchangeable audio hardware like the name seems to imply.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.