Lost what software to use for my 8KkX 2075 - Firmware Update failed

I haven’t used my VR headset (8kX 2075) for quite awhile and wanted to update everything today. I am a bit lost as there are now different types of software which i don’t know if they fit my headset, so

• Is PiTool still the way to go? I updated it and it says V1.0.1.277 ist the latest version?
  • is there other software I should use (from Pimax or else)?
  • my Firmware update for the 8kX failed, it stopped in the middle. Since then LEDs are blinking colorful but PiTool doesn’t recognize it anymore and give me fault message #10500 (had also #10600) and told me to contact tech service (which i did) but my PC still recognizes the device and says it works correctly?

As tech service seems very busy with Crystal support, maybe somebody can help me (I read some older posts, but many links aren’t working anymore it seems).

1 Like

Pitool discontinued and replaced by pimax client/play

You should be fine with latest pimax play

many thanks for your advice. Next step is to get the headset working again… :grimacing:

1 Like

ok, after installing Pimax Play 1.17 (the latest version) I tried to reconnect the headset, but it remains with fault 10500 - no USB or HDMI/DP connected. I tried various USB or DP ports to no avail. Also, the LED on the headset changes constantly colors. :man_shrugging:

If the headset changes colors, this might be a wrong firmware that has been updated. I would recommend you to flash the firmware via DFU tool, and download the firmware from the link below:

I just wanted to make it known that I had excellent help yesterday from Doman Chen from the Pimax Tech service team, who made my headset work again in a nutshell - very fast and great service, thank you very much! :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Great to hear of good support from Pimax :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Doman.Chen is one of the few original pimax members left. Always provides decent support

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.