Localization Volunteer work

English is not at all easy.
And “Engrish” frankly is a racist term. Chinese people don’t say that.

But yeah I agree that having bad English looks bad to consumers.

Hmm, I always interpreted “Engrish” as being a synonym for "broken English’
But I see how that term can very well be interpreted as racist, because that’s where it stems from.
As I totally do not condone that, I have changed my wording.
My sincerest apologies.

1 Like

As long as we can deliver the right meaning, that’s good enough from my point of view. We do not have enough people so sometimes engineers have to do pr job. It will get better when we grow and have more crew. btw, our San Jose office is hiring ; )

1 Like

It was accidental, no offense caused. I can see how it sounds like just broken English.

You should sticky/pin the FAQ in the forums then, so you can just link people to it whenever they ask you something you’ve already answered.

Delivering the right meaning is all I have done here, it could use a lot more improvements but that should be done by someone who writes copy professionally. You can sell actual garbage in America if it’s marketed correctly and plenty of great products and companies have failed because of bad publicity. We’re becoming more wary because people have started to sell us actual garbage as well, so it’s just getting harder and harder to sell to this generation of unusually cynical american youth.

@skindred bruh how will being able to speak english widen anyone’s world views? They are engineers they don’t need to be able to speak English. They should have a proper liaison and you’re right, especially for their CEO he needs to stop doing interviews solo. He desperately needs a PR rep.

Hailing from a EU country where English is not my main language, I personally feel that learning it has vastly broadened my outlook on our world.
Learning, Chinese, Arabic, Russian, Spanish and French will further help though.
It’s just such a valuable skill to master multiple international languages.
Also, I believe many of the tech that the PiMax VR engineers are working with, especially software, is written (code) and documented in English.

2 Likes

Chinese is a great language to learn. Don’t believe people that say it’s too hard. It has a very steep learning curve at the start, but then it’s all good. Slightly beside the point but yeah I agree with you.

You could always use freelancers… :wink:

1 Like

Hmmmm. Can i work for the Canadian office? :wink:

1 Like

How about let’s open an office in Canada :smiley:

3 Likes

That would be awesome indeed. I do really need a change in work & i could easily see this as a great career opportunity.

1 Like

@deletedpimaxrep1 You need to open a distrubutor in Canada

Give @Heliosurge a job :slight_smile:

3 Likes