Lighthouse 2.0 tracking issue

Pretty basic, so when one base station is turned off tracking is fine. When both are on it only tracks from one of the base stations and when I turn around I loose tracking or my controllers go flying.

I dont understand how to sync it.
Side note when I go into basestation settings it tells me Bluetooth not available. Please help!

1 Like

On which channels do they run?

2 Likes

I cant find out due to when I go into settings > basestations it says Bluetooth not available

Use a pin or something very small to push the button on the back

1 Like

BT does only work (natively) with Valve’s own (or HTC) BT devices. I am not sure (cannot find it at the moment), but maybe @nouser2019 knows, how to figure out the channel from some BT characteristics? It could at least help you to verify you are not on colliding channels (or out of 4 supported by Pimax).

EDIT: On second thought, the channel on which the base operates is a persistent configuration, so it does not change when you switch it off. So, if you are able to get them running at least separately (which means they should be visible in SteamVR at some point), you might be able to check the channel they are on in SteamVR simply by pointing at the icon?

1 Like

Well, if you purchase them, they’re likely set to channel 1 as factory default. You can change the setting via BLE, though.

On second thought, the channel on which the base operates is a persistent configuration, so it does not change when you switch it off.

That’s true.

but maybe @nouser2019 knows, how to figure out the channel from some BT characteristics?

It seems to depend on the firmware, but you can try:

1. download Renesas’ GATTBrowser for Android phone and launch
  2. let it scan - after a while you should find 2 devices starting with “LHB-” followed by 8 hexadecimal characters
  3. Open one of those by pressing the blue play button on the right
  4. under the service 00001523-1212-efde-1523-785feabcd124 there should be an R/W/N characteristic with UUID 00001524-1212-efde-1523-785feabcd124. If you read it, it gives you the channel ID of this Lighthouse. It should read 01.
  5. Now type in 02, make sure that “HEX” is selected (not “STRING”) and press write.

You should hear the sound pattern change slightly as the LH is now syncing rotation to a different time slot.

After a while you can press “READ” again and see if it changed to the second channel.

But pressing the buttons works also :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My service does 00001523
However I can only tap on 1524-25
Side note. Whenever I try to pair my base stations it prompts me with a need for a password.

1 Like

You do not need to pair your phone with your bases. BT LE characteristics do not need that.

2 Likes

You do not need to pair your phone with your bases. BT LE characteristics do not need that.

That’s true. The Lighthouses do not need bonding for remote control.

In the view of the right screenshot, press the “Read” button. If the result is 01, you can type 02 where it says ‘e.g. 52…’ and press the “Write” button. This switches the Lighthouse to channel 2.

1 Like

Thank you all! It ended up working and being fixed. Alot of support I really appreciate it!

1 Like

Wow, nice one guys.

Since you guys know so much about LHs:

Do you think it would be worth it to upgrade from 2* LHv1.0 to 2* LHv2.0?

The room is 15m². Is there a reason for me to upgrade? I sometimes have tracking problems with the headset (5K+ SN204, with Pimax’ protective sleeve), no reflective surfaces.

I dont think there is reason to upgrade. It may be worth using a sync cable at that distance though

3 Likes

i use Pitool 1.0.1.258 and my base V2 (from valve) used channels 7 and 9 for months.
I had never looked that.
i tried other and seems all work.

1 Like

Good to know. There has been a rumor that Pimax can only work with channels 1-4.

2 Likes

Edit: Opening a new thread in order to not derail that one.

yes i know and at a time i think it to.
but no, Base was set from the start.
i bought it 6 november 2019

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.