Let's talk about 'Pimax Day' here

Contact @Matthew.Xu @SweViver @PimaxUSA. If this is really your 5th RMA they need to sort it out.

2 Likes

Sorry for my mistake, I’ve modified the time.

5 Likes

Hopefully someone can settle @Timo.H1’s issues with his headset.

3 Likes

I have been paying attention to your situation. I told you that if you have any questions, please contact me.
Please don’t be angry. I wonder why only the headset you received keeps cracking.
Let me think a way to help you solve your problem.

4 Likes

If it’s convenient for you, we’ll go to the helpdesk.

4 Likes

Official Pimax comments on the issue of cracked housing, improved manufacturing and calibration process, improved quality assurance testing phase and improved RMA process

Answer to the question: What calibration?

After late August internal device manufacturing process was improved. As for the improved housing, models containing improved housing reportedly started shipping on the 1st September or September 16th, having regard to the below two posts:

This was over a month ago, are RMAs still not coming from the Shanghai office? @PimaxUSA Why is this still happening when @Timo.H1 's above RMA request has been made after 16th September? Economy shipping takes 2-4 weeks from China to the US, and 28 days before the 25th of October is the 28th of September.
16th September-25th October is 6 weeks after the date given for RMA of new casing improvements would occur on the 16th September.

45 days ago is enough time to ship a headset and return it from Shanghai isn’t it? Can this be clarified and will Pimax indicate the status of stocking other warehouses besides the Shanghai office with the models containing improved housing and calibration referred to above?

6 Likes

Doesn’t sounds right, 8KX has nearly twice combined horizontal pixels compared to Reverb (7680x2160 vs 4320x2160) so even at 170’ large FOV the pixel per degree (PPD) on the 8KX should be a little higher than the one on the Reverb, around 45,1 vs 43,2 PPD.
Moreover Reverb has a horizontal wide pixel arrangement, as Sweviver has shown with his macro shots, making the Reverb horizontal resolution a less optimal way for displaying fine details considering its very narrow, almost squared size horizontal FOV.
So both image resolution and SDE are definitely going to be better on the 8KX, regardless of the wide FOV.

7 Likes

We’ll see for ourselves anyways once the 8KX reaches the hands of backers.

3 Likes

The delivery of my new Pimax 5k + has been shipped directly from China.

It only took 7 days with UPS to Germany.

The shipping was very fast.

I assume it was the current model. It has been sent directly by Pimax.

4 Likes

This sounds like poor plastics design where stresses are built in or there are stress concentrations during assembly causing the cracks. I’ve not had any issues however with my 8K.

I’ve been designing plastic mouldings for nearly 30 years so if you want to send me a set of case parts I would be happy to have a look at them for you.

7 Likes

Yes, sharp corners and joints are not as strong. There’s a reason why the windows in airplanes have rounded corners.

1 Like

Everything was ok on the first day.
On the second day, a crack was created in the middle of the housing. On the 3rd day the crack has got bigger. On the 4th day (today) I have not looked.

In what State Dir your Package arrive? Mine was a bit beaten up. I wonder what stress the HMDs are going through, at least the big one seams like there is either pressure on it structure vice or it got an impact. The smaller looks classical like the bridle plastic issue …

1 Like

I wonder if you can put your problem in the post of housing reports, which is not suitable for discussion here.
https://community.openmr.ai/t/housing-issue-reports-cracks-imperfections-etc/17203/765
I understand your mood. I’m trying to help you.
I suggest you don’t have to be so anxious…Thank you.

7 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Housing Issue Reports (cracks, imperfections etc.)

8Kx or 8K+? There are just too many choices. They seem so similar!

If you want to discuss the housing cracking, please move here:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/housing-issue-reports-cracks-imperfections-etc/17203
Thank you for your support.

4 Likes

It’s simple really, get the 8KX if you can afford it.

The ability to use native 4K res should make the image much clearer. If you want a faster framerate for specific games, you can reduce the rendered resolution. It only needs a single cable (DisplayPort 1.4, I think). It should have a noticeably longer useful life, since it will likely be awhile for anything comparable to be released by another company.

The only other reason not to get the 8KX would be to wait until an RGB OLED version is released.

5 Likes

Yes, is 8k+ kinda obsolete? 8k-X does the same and more. The price, yeah.

5 Likes

I think the 8kx will have have a bit more shelf life because of the native 4k screens . When the next generation video cards arrive we should be able to crank up the super sampling to get even better image quality .

7 Likes