Less than 6 weeks til the 8KX Ships for 8KX Backers (Unless Delayed) Still no information on how to ship back Loaner Units

@PimaxUSA @SweViver @Matthew.Xu

Since it’s already confirmed 8KX backers who chose to ship back Loaners need to ship the loaners back before receiving their 8KX unit. We’re on a clock here.

Still no word on whether the 8KX is in production or actually a finished product.

38 Days til the last known confirmed shipdate of the 8KX announced in Pimax Day 1 and reconfirmed in Pimax Day 2.

4 Likes

Count the days when you have shipping confirmation & then add more days for good measure.

4 Likes

Why not set yourself a date of 1st March by which time everything will be sorted, and if it happens earlier then surprise bonus hehe :wink:

5 Likes

There is a little delay for new housing

Now, delivery is December for Pimax 8K+

and January for Pimax 8K X

at VR DAYS @SweViver or @PimaxUSA said electronics of Pimax 8K X is not final

I believe Pimax 8K + will be there with final electronics but Without MAS/comfort Kit

@PimaxUSA are you bringing prototype Pimax Controllers in the roadshow ?

3 Likes

I’ll be at CES but not the road shows between now and then. I would love to attend the road shows but have a number of meeting with some of our partners are during those days. The selection of prototypes will be at the road shows will be determined primarily by the engineers.

5 Likes

Delayed again???

So much for ‘being on track’

@PimaxUSA

can you confirm the shipping for the 8KX?

1 Like

This is what Pimax should do actually. Everyone will be noting the date and just wait and then maybe surprise early delivery. Yet, they do the opposite, communicate a very optimistic date and then fail to meet it multiple times, get everyone fuming and then issue an apology. And then repeat that for a few years.

3 Likes

Yes agreed, they should. But since they won’t, I’ll set a more realistic date for myself. Experience has proven repeatedly that the schedules always slip.

No point getting your hopes up and then getting upset or angry about it, it is better to accept things how they really are :+1:

1 Like

I’m not angry about a delay as much as I’m angry they can’t tell us or not whether there is one and bother to inform us ASAP whenever lit happens.

1 Like

Totally understandable, and of course it would be better if they co-ordinated and communicated these things to us properly.

But until then, I just assume there will be problems and delays whether they manage to tell us or not :wink:

Whether or not there are delays I still have to send back my 5K+ Before they will send my 8KX. So delaying that process is just going to make things harder.

1 Like

Probably there’s a ‘Go’ date when the 8KX is ready or close to ready, and then they’ll ask for all the loaners back. If they ask too soon, you’ll end up without a headset for weeks / month or more and that wouldn’t be good either

I’m ready to lose my headset it’s already in the box.

To be honest no mood to use a 5K+ with a flawed lens when my 8KX is coming. The last thing I want is for them to delay my shipment because they decided to delay giving me info on shipping the loaner back.

Well, think of the others then who are using theirs. Flawed lens? You mean your loaner has a defect?

I totally get what you’re saying when waiting for the next gen of something, but I was trying Aircar the other night on the 5k+ and was so blown away by the immersion level, and how good it looks on Large FOV at 90FPS (I have never used Large before, no chance on ED), that I barely registered the SDE. Let’s not forget that the 1st gen are still some of the best headsets available.

And ultimately the 8KX is that but with less grain, more detail, and various other minor improvements, so the reality is that it is not by itself going to revolutionise VR nearly as much as having a lot more engaging content. Because then you’re too busy enjoying yourself to notice much of the time.

I’m not saying it’s not worth the upgrade, because of course losing the SDE has been part of the ultimate VR dream. But it’s always important to keep things in context and not throw ourselves entirely into the marketing hype hehe. The first week or two will have the wow factor, but after that? Well, it will be about content, not tech specs imho.

But maybe it’s me, I’d choose lower quality ‘fun’ over higher quality ‘boredom’ any day, if you get my point. Looking forward to getting the best of everything in the near future :+1:

1 Like

Too bad, would have loved to meet you in Amsterdam. But well it’s understandable I suppose. :slight_smile:

Count with February earliest. It’s Chinese new years on 24 - 30 jan.

Tbh what sense does that make for the 8K+ yes but not for the X…

I suppose there are still occasional problems. I refer to Mrtv Experience report 3 i believe there someone stated the 8K + had problems and was blurry…
Maybe only software who knows…

1 Like