Latest version of PE...can't use index controller in desktop mode

@arminelec Has something changed with the desktop functionality in PE? I noticed today that I couldn’t use my Index Controller to select anything on my desktop while in desktop mode. When selecting the desktop mode it would default to mouse mode and when I deselect mouse mode I couldn’t use my controller to select anything in the desktop view. It would just flip back to the PE menu screen when I tried to select anything. Is this a bug in the current version or am I doing something wrong?

3 Likes

Nothing has changed in the code nor the interface regarding controllers or the Desktop mode. However, since you have explained it to me, I can go and check what else could be causing it for your index controllers not working correctly in Desktop mode.

Just to be sure I understood you correctly:

• When PE starts up, you can interact with the dashboard using your index controller (trigger and joystick)
  • When you activate Desktop (monitor) mode, your index controller does not move the mouse on your monitor, nor does it click/double click/tripple click.
  • When you deactivate the Desktop mode, your index controllers work just fine.

Is that correct? If not, please write me the correct situation description.
Thanks!

4 Likes

Yes, what you describe above is correct. Using my mouse is the only way I can interact with my desktop in monitor mode now.

Thanks for checking into it.

3 Likes

@arminelec It must have just been a random bug, because it worked fine when I started PE the next time. thanks

1 Like

I had something similar today.

Not work, work, not work.

Also
I could not reset 8Kx to upscale - computer hang
I could not reset 8Kx to native - computer hang (think I tried changing to 60Hz and 90Hz)