Latest Eye-tracking and hand-tracking modules arrived

The latest iterations of 7Invensun eye-tracking and UltraHaptics hand-tracking just arrived for testing.

The eye-tracking looks basically the same but now has cleaner glass edges and looks final. Also the 8KX cable is included.

The new hand-tracking module has a totally new design for the wider FOV (wider than Pimax Large FOV) thanks to new alignment of cameras, new cameras, new PCB and new housing.

Will test it the following days and report! Some quick photos below. The hand-tracking on the lower side (and closer on the first photo) is the new one.

When the magnetic inserts are removed (they also have tape, which is not necessary to use, but optional). You seen the small flaps on the removable parts? Thats the flaps that keeps the pieces in place on top of lenses. fits great. But for extra safety, you can use the tape as well).

17 Likes

Looking forward to seeing the eye tracking, with the expected price of the 30 series cards being as insane as the 20 series I would rather have this than a GPU upgrade!

Edit Also I would like to say a massive thank you to for the work you put in on the Pimax Experience application. With VR being so demanding on hardware and unique configurations being in many cases necessary per application this was something I had been wanting since I got my 5K+.

8 Likes

I wear glasses and would like to here your reviews about using eye tracking and glasses when you have the time please.

3 Likes

Same here! add me to the list

Were is the slot to add your own glasses lens in the eye-tracking?

1 Like

I wear glasses too, and also if you know who can do the fill in prescriptions that would be great.

Any word on when they will be available / shipped. Getting tired of the bait n switch… Please hold.
Deliver the product. Improvements can be in version 2 for sale.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.