Kinect v2 problem pimax4k

hi all sory for my bad english i realy try explain … i buy yesterday 1 kinect v2 for windows just for headtracking on
dcs world or acceto corsa or any sim game with driver4vr for my pimax4k my windows 10 64bit build 1809 cant run the kinect i have big issue my kinect restart every 2 3 seconds is there any other guy with kinect v2 same problem or anyone know any fix for it …again sory for bad english i try my best … i search on google 2 days a lot hours!! without succes …

Check with Microsoft for kinect v2 driver & fix as there is a Kinect v2 that was released fir Windows. Also contact Greg at Driver4vr as he might know how to fix or need to fix in his software.

yes greg contact me but is not problem from greg is problem with my windows version 1809 but is hard for me to rol back for just test if kinect working my windows not recronize right the drivers i find many people same problem like me in 1809 build but i dont find yet any solution thats why i ask here if somone find somthing about this issue thanks for your reply heliosurge

1 Like

Your welcome. Have you sent Microsoft a support request? In theory MS if still supporting the Windows version of kinect v2 should have an update driver.

@LukeB might know something that might help. But haven’t seen him in the forums for awhile.

1 Like

Hi,
Yes I haven’t been around for a while since everything interesting went 8k/5k.

I gave up with Kinect2 because although it did work I could not get it to remain stable for long and it become more trouble than it’s worth so I gave it to my grand son for his XBox.

Still using my 4K, but only with XBox hand controller. I’m hoping that something better that actually works may become available some time soon.

Sorry I can’t be more helpful.
All the best,
Luke

1 Like

hi luke finaly i find where the problem is kinect v2 is not supported from mainboards with renesas or etron usb 3.0 controler my mainabord is etron bad luck for me i need to buy pci-e card usb 3.0 with other chipset … :frowning: so i let you know when i test with pci-e usb controler i go buy 1 now greg update the drive4vr driver yesterday and sent me mesage kinect v2 now is suported for headtracking with pimax4k so i come back after the new test let you know thanks for your reply again sory for my very bad english

1 Like

Hi Luke great to see you here again. It’s been awhile. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

Hi Angelo,
Nothing at all wrong with your English.
I’m assuming you are using your Kinect sitting down?
How far from you do you position it? I just couldn’t seem to find a sweet spot for it, but it may be that Drive4VR has improved a bit since I used mine last.
I’ll be interested in your results when you give it another try.
Cheers,
Luke

1 Like

Hi Heliosurge,
Yes it’s been a while since I posted but I have been logging in regularly keeping an eye on how the 8K/5K+ units are progressing.

Looking very interesting, but it’s hard for me to justify the cost of either considering they don’t come with any tracked controllers.

Hopefully, there will be more choices on the market this year which may prompt a price reduction.

Still have issues with the units not being able to adjust for glasses wearers though, which adds more cost for inserts.

Just the same I do still think that Pimax is the best game in town.
I will be keeping my eye on developments.
Always very interested and enjoy reading what you guys think.

Cheers, :grinning:
Luke

1 Like

I hear you on the space for glasses. Now different thickness of facefoam should hopefully be released soon.

However another interesting option is the face mask is removable so different face masks could be sold/3dprinted. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

yes i want just play seated for acceto corsa fly sims dcs and other now i just wait for now no test yet i wait my order i order 1 pci-e card usb 3.0 gen 2 i hope my kinect work after this

1 Like

I was just wondering.
Have you downloaded the Kinect SDK 2.0 from Microsoft?
It comes with Kinect Studio which will help you get it working. It also has some interesting tools. Not sure if a driver is required for it, but check out the Microsoft web site.

Cheers,
Luke

1 Like

yes LukeB i have all this SDK i find what is my problem my Mainboard have usb Etron 3,0 exTensible Host controler this 1 is not supported by kinect … after many search on google without any succes i call the microsoft support and i find my issue is this so i order Silverstone Sst-ec04-e Pcie-card For 2 Int./ext. Usb3.0-ports - Controller card (PER.642598) is on suported list so i hope that will work with kinect v2

1 Like

hi again finaly kinect v2 work perfect for me with this card and is very nice with pimax4k work perfect for positional tracking i make video soon if somone want to see how works i am very happy now is very good add for pimax4k i have full room scale now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome glad to hear. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

1 Like

PImax4k & kinect v2 & Driver4vr head tracking - YouTube here 1 test with asseto corsa

1 Like

war thunder test pimax4k + kinect v2 Pimax4k kinect v2 & driver4vr head tracking test - YouTube

1 Like