Kdmas status question?

What is the status of the kdmas now? With all the 8kx deliveries, really anxious for it (as well as the eye tracking and hand tracking which I am also waiting on).

8 Likes

I am in the same boat as you. I asked this same question about 2 weeks ago and never got a response from Pimax. I feel the hinge issue that arose perhaps has pushed the release out once again. There was a post from Pimax on Monday saying they would update us either Tuesday or Wednesday…nothing has been stated yet. As far as I can tell they just keep saying it is coming soon…who knows what soon is.

2 Likes

Agreed, the SMAS is really immersion breaking with the lack of enveloping sound and bass. The DMAS is sorely needed with such an advanced headset.

1 Like

I put up some photos of the production here along with some comments about it:

(Backer Box and KDMAS)

5 Likes

When we receive the DMAS, will it just be the speaker/ear piece or is it the full strap as well?

For your convenience, here are the photos:

753a75e

a5cf0de

11 Likes

Thank you for the update. I am happy to see there are so many ready to go and packed. Sadly being a preorder customer, and not a backer, I am still very low on the list of when I will get mine…Patience hahaha. A formal announcement on production and release times for Backer Boxes, and then Preorders on the OpenMR forum would be nice if possible.

Thanks,

1 Like

Hi Kevin

That’s great, but for those of us who cancelled our upgrade orders, who are getting our backer boxes and stretch goals back, how will we be sure to get our backer box ?
personally my original KS_ order is still showing the upgrade order and that stretch goals have been forfeited. I’ve asked for that to be corrected but alas it has not been done for days since cancellation.

what to do ? I’m sort of not trusting them this time around, receiving a problematic / defective 8Kx

I just wanted to show people in a tangible way that the Backer Box and KDMAS really are being manufactured and exist in large quantities it is after all the topic of this thread.

On your questions about your specific order you will need to converse with CS about that.

2 Likes

What about shipping information? Is that being manufactured? Is that why I still don’t have any?

4 Likes

But what about the DMas? that one was the first option on the pimax 8kx,but now the KDMS comes first?If so sent me the KDMAS instead please…

I am unclear about the backer box. I am KS 278 and i chose the plan A upgrade from 5k+. I have received the 8KX (good work). I seem to remember a statement that all backers would get the KDMAS as an upgrade. Is this correct? or does it only apply to those that did not opt out from rewards? Thanks

If you used Plan A you will not receive the SGB.

What happened to the audio strap that was promised to all backers and pre-orders back in 2018 btw?

https://community.openmr.ai/t/headstrap-with-earphones/10658/2
https://community.openmr.ai/t/lets-talk-about-pimax-day-here/22122/1368

Is this the KDMAS that backers now receive?

1 Like

Kdmas (MAS with Headphones) is what backers are receiving. Just no eta except soon. It is what is delaying backer stretch goal boxes.

1 Like

Fun thing though, if you look closely at the first picture. it looks exactly like the DMAS, there is no extension of the “cup” part as shown in earlier photos.
So is this actually DMAS production pictures ?

Sorry for speculating / analysing Kevin :laughing: not trying to put you in a tough spot here :slightly_smiling_face:
Just thought it was a bit odd.

5 Likes

Pimax USA just said that Backers that chose the option to give up their kickstarter rewards would not get the BOX. I think that means that we will not receive the KDMAS. I seem to remember that all backers would get it but i must have been mistaken. However, given the poor inter company communication at Piimax there is always a chance.

1 Like

I’m confused. What will we be getting then?

My understanding is the KDMas is the exact same thing as the DMas except made for the 5K+ since it only has 1 port to plug the headphones into.

1 Like

In my understanding there are multiple differences between DMAS and KDMAS.
KDMAS needs less power from the HMD,is on-ear (like Oculus CV1) and works with all Pimax HMDs.
DMAS needs more power from the HMD and is off-ear (like Valve Index and HP Reverb G2),has a better frequency response than the KDMAS and works only with 8KX.

3 Likes