KAT loco Kickstarter coming in June (Works on the Pimax)

They asked for my 2 sets id’s to update something on their end so that the 2 sets can work in the same play area

2 Likes

You should probably ask in the comments section.

I see there’s already a question about the two sets functionality:
Q:

Can we use 2 sets of Kat for mocap? (2 ankles, 2 knees and 1 waist)

A:

Hi there Zozomdo,

Mocap based on two sets is still in development. We’ll release more details about it when it’s ready for presentation.

Cheers!

1 Like

Okay so not ready for 2 set mocap yet. :roll_eyes::thinking::vulcan_salute::sparkles:

1 Like

So confusing lol. I asked them via WhatsApp just now. Let’s see

2 Likes

Maybe they’re just not “ready ready”. You know like “done done”… :smiley:

2 Likes

@MarcoBalletta:

I agree on the latency/delay part. If You’re playing something like Pavlov online 1 sec wait before starting strafing or stepping back definitely won’t work.

I wonder if it’s something they can solve though because when You look at the KAT Gateway dashboard “status” tab You can tell that there is latency on the movement so I’m guessing/fearing it might actually be what’s causing the delay, i.e. the actual latency in receiving the data from the sensors?

I’ll ask them if it’s possible to add a “delay” slider for lateral (strafing) and back movements :wink:

Sent this mail:

Hi again :wink:

I’m wondering if it would be possible to control the delay there seems to be for lateral and backwards movement?

A “delay” slider for those two in the KAT Gateway dashboard would be a cool feature.

If not a slider, maybe just a “instant action” on/off toggle?

It seems to me the reaction to both lateral and backwards locomotion would be too slow to react if/when playing an online shooter like Pavlov or Onward.

EDIT: It seems like the input latency isn’t that bad, so if we could just remove the delay it would be “OK”… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My understanding is that the delay has been added on purpose to avoid having unwanted sideways and backwards movements when doing forward movements. It is something that I think should be fixed optimizing the algorithm.

I asked the same and i hope that more notices/feedback as mine and yours would come to their attention and give us a solution

2 Likes

Corrected my post above as I think You’re right (after checking again). The input latency doesn’t seem that bad… :wink:

Yeah, for now it seems more like a gimmick (and pretty annoying at times) than an actual improvement over just using the standard free locomotion with a controller… :wink:

1 Like

No way for me :slight_smile:

I prefer a locomotion system based on using feet (or in the worse case scenario using chest) more than using a controller’s joystick or thumbpad.

Because I am peaky, that is why I am after getting it the way I want though
it will also not be perfect.

Unfortunately I can’t stand using joysticks and thumbpads :frowning:

2 Likes

Haha… :grin:

What can I say? Luckily, I’m not “spoiled”… yet… :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Update from KATVR:

Dear Christian,

Thank you for your suggestion;

I’m sorry about that, actually the original design goal for the delay time on lateral and backwards movement was to avoid the misjudgment of player’s movement.

“instant action” option as you suggested has been reported to our R&D as the accessibility about shortening the reaction time needs to be tested;

Will keep you updated if there is any result.

Best regard!

Fingers crossed… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Katloco Confirmed. 3 sensor mocap only for release.

1 Like