KAT loco Kickstarter coming in June (Works on the Pimax)

It seems that as soon as we touch the sensors, they turn on. There is no real on/off button that i know of.

Their tutorial/user guide is incomplete on different aspects. Another thing they should improve.

They made a q/a page to integrate their user guide.

Not sure if the answer is there though but some things not touched in their user guide is there.

With katvr, per experience, if we do not have multiple people.complaining about the same issue, they do nothing about it.

I think it helps if you just let them know of the problem otherwise who knows when we get an update.

I feel walkovr is more plug and play.

For Katloco instead you have to hit your head on a wall a few times before maybe you make it work

2 Likes

You’re right. I’ll contact them when time permits… :+1:

2 Likes

What version of that program u installed?

2 Likes

KAT Gateway is 1.1.1.

1 Like

Ok. They were just suggesting to install that version, but then I checked in their previous messages to me and they asked the same thing when i had issues…if i installed what in the end does not work…
They fix it by getting inside my pc.

They said to remove katio. It gives compatible issues…which is crazy since it is their own software, which i have with my katvr mini

2 Likes

I’ll try to ask them for a guide so I can share it… :+1::wink:

2 Likes

I have no patience lol. Always issues with these hardwares when they should work with no issue

2 Likes

Well, that might be it then. Maybe the “KAT Gateway” service is supplied by both programs?

Me neither. Sadly, I don’t have much time for playing/fiddling with half-baked software either so I often let them off the hook and get annoyed instead… :woozy_face:

I’ll try to see if I can clean up the KATIO install manually to see if they fixes it.

Hopefully tomorrow after Christmas stuff… :grin:

EDIT: Got it installed/cleaned.

Will contact them and ask for a fix.

2 Likes

Does it work now? You fixed it?

2 Likes

Katloco support gave me these instructions.

2 Likes

Haven’t had a chance to try it yet, but thanks for the instructions… :wink:

EDIT: Didn’t work. As soon as the service is started the issue returns.

I’ll contact their support (EDIT2: Done).

EDIT3: The carpet (stretch goal) reeks of that nasty chemical smell (same as the foam on the Pimax, just a lot worse). So much that it’s outside now and I probably won’t be using it for the first week or so… :open_mouth:

2 Likes

I have thrown the carpet in the garbage. Not safe with kids. So many times when I get electronic from China has that chemical smell. So weird

I am going to write them too about what they sent us that does not work

2 Likes

Katloco support asked me to send them the files in these folders:

C:\Users\KATVR\Documents\KAT_Gateway

C:\Users\KATVR\AppData\Roaming\KAT_Gateway

They have asked for yours too

2 Likes

You’re right. I have a mail from them… :+1::upside_down_face:

I’ll send them immediately… :+1:

EDIT: Done. Not sure how it can be a configuration issue (unless it’s saved somewhere else) as I’ve tried removing both directories and reinstalling, but the logs then say a directory is missing (so I guess it doesn’t recreate all directories if there are leftovers (registration database?) from an earlier install…? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

One really cool thing the KAT Loco has going for it is the SteamVR dashboard tab for KAT Gateway.

Making changes in VR instead of through the desktop view is just so much better and both Pimax and WalkOVR could learn from that… :+1::upside_down_face:

1 Like

So my problem is now fixed! :wink:

Followed these instructions (I only removed files in AppData\Roaming\KAT_Gateway, not Local):

Dear Christian Wilken,

Merry Christmas!

We found the configuration files in the below location are broken.

C:\Users\KATVR\AppData\Local\KAT_Gateway

Please refer to the steps below to renew them.

1.Stop the service ‘KAT Gateway Service’

2.End task of ‘KAT Gateway’

3.Enter C:\Users\KATVR\AppData\Local\KAT_Gateway, delete all the files.

4.Start the service of ‘KAT Gateway Service’ again.

5.Wait for 5 minutes, and you will send all the configuration files are renewed.

I think this problem will be solved by these steps.

Please kindly let us know if it works. Thank you.

Replace “KATVR” with Your username of course :wink:

Replied with:

That seems to have worked. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Wasn’t aware that there were config files in AppData\Local\KAT_Gateway too.

Merry Christmas!

3 Likes

KAT loco Christmas Surprise – MOCAP System Coming SOON!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/katvrsolutions/kat-loco-complete-wearable-locomotion-system-walk-into-vr/posts/2718188?ref=ksr_email_backer_project_update_registered_users#asset-27583937

1 Like

Yeah will have to check n see if there ready to ship as looks like mocap going to work now with 2 sets.

2 Likes

Seems to me like they’re just placing the “ankle sensors” on the thighs/above knees instead?

Look at the video:

And I quote:

using the MOCAP function will be possible through adoption of a new wearing method that allows KAT loco to detect and recognize pitch and roll movement of the user’s thighs

:wink:

2 Likes

Would mocap work only on games supporting full body tracking like vrchat?

2 Likes