Just received it from aliexpress

Hey, just wanted to say that IPD wise the headset takes some getting used to coming from gen1 VR. I now find the 5k very comfortable across all focus distances. I think with the screens and lenses being canted at such an extreme angle compared to even the index, you get god rays and imperfections that are sometimes not symmetrical. This along with occasionally having objects only in focus with one eye make things feel a bit off, but really I’ve gotten used to it.

My IPD is 62, and for me the best setting is hardware at about 62 IPD and no software adjustment. Everyone is different though. I use the DAS 3d printed mod and that made a huge difference… before i was constantly fussing with IPD, but now since the headset sits correctly every time i put it on I never mess with it.

2 Likes

Keep in mind KinectToVR maybe a good one try as both projects utilize options for using a variety of controller possibilities.

Have you tried turning on Parallel Projections in PiTool? It costs a bit of performance but is necessary for compatibility with some games.

2 Likes

Thank you very much :slight_smile:
It s working.

il2 is much more sharp than warthunder un vr. Warthunder need a lot of ssa to be ok (at least 300%).

I cockpit view it s ok, but without the cockpit, I am sick very fast. Hope I will be better with the use.

1 Like

hey did you have to upload all your payment info, they are waiting for me to load a pic of my drivers license, then my card in use? Is this the process on aliexpress is it safe i’m assuming people have ordered and got the headsets. Just curious

Dont, just dont, never give out that sort of info, Just ignore it, get it from some other seller on aliexpress. Tell them to either ship or cancel the order.

3 Likes

Agreed. Even if the seller is legit (and it sounds like they might not be), you don’t want that sort of info to fall into the wrong hands. Likewise, assume every email you get might be a scam or from a friend who got hacked.

Don’t be paranoid, just cautious.

Tip: As a helpful clue for my friends, I always use the same non-standard text color when I send an email. That way, if they ever see an email from “me” that doesn’t match, they know to be extra cautious.

2 Likes

When I was buying a phone two years ago on aliexpress for ~ 650 € I believe I did the same thing (cannot remember which document they exactly requested). It was not the seller, but aliexpress itself, who requested the additional documents. It was a one time thing and I believe that from certain sum they do it to prevent card fraud.

4 Likes

When I bought a power supply and there was good delivery by courier for free, the aliexpress service itself asked me to add my data to their service, this is not connected with the seller and in no case should I give such information to the seller.
In the aliexpress service itself, probably not all data is filled in, so you are asked to enter it.

3 Likes

By the way, maybe you came across a dishonest seller, on aliexpress I know only one store that really works with pimax

2 Likes

It was RYKKZ virtual reality store, they did say it was an Aliexpress thing for verifcation, besides that my payments keep getting put onhold, Has anyone had to fill that out for Aliexpress themselves to pay by a credit card, because Paypal isnt excepted by these selllers

I didn’t have to do that but my payment was rejected a few times by my bank before I rang them (my) bank and told them it was OK.

I would defo check with Aliexpress thought that they are the ones asking for the details if I were you.

I would suggest you also chose UPS delivery - I’ve been waiting getting on for a month now for my Artisan from Aliexpress using their own ‘express’ delivery.

I did not but RYKKZ store is a trusty store.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure all of them are running through distribution and no-one on Aliexpress works directly with us.

Hi, Pimax support has contacts with one Aliexpress store.

2 Likes

guys I do not urge anyone to buy on aliexpress or elsewhere, demand real pimax distributors about pimax themselves, but I know stories about a very long purchase and sending direct to pimax, so people are looking for more suitable methods and means of buying your devices

I had mine from RYKKZ.
They are selling all pimax hardware.
I don’t see where is the problem.
If they have pimax hardware it mean they work for them, or they have an agreement with them. Unless this agreement how can they have the hardware? Fallen from a truck?
When you buy a corsair keyboard in Amazon, do you contact corsair to be sure you are buying it from a thrusted shop? No. AliExpress is just like Amazon, it s the same.

I use AliExpress, bangood, hobbyking for years. Never had anny problem, using credit card.

Annyway everything is made in china even wester brand hardware, so it s better to buy them at the source, out of the factory :slight_smile: and skip the western resellers.
When you buy 10 $ item for Aquarium in Amazon with a 3 weeks of shipping, where do you think it come from? Bangood…

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.