Just got my NEW Artisan, got some questions

Well this is my actual 1st time using a Pimax HMD, even know I was a backer back in the day for the 5k+ but sold it before hand, so now I got this Artisan and WOW!! What a FOV and clearity, I did get a little scared when I switched it from 120hz to the 90 to play Half Life and after restarting both Pi and Steam it showed a disconnect error, I was like OMG is it dead, but it came back to life,so there is really no danger changing the hz on these back and forth when needed?
Also what an upgrade from the Vives and Oculus Rift S,poeple really have to try it, it’s hard to explain or to listen to videos about it. Pimax is doing a really good job getting these FOV to where they are at, i’m sure the 200fov are even crazier. I don’t have my Valve index anymore to compare it to but i’m lovin it!
So my main question is about extending these cables, is anyone extending the power adapter too? Because this seems like stupid to extend the Display and USB and then still have the short power plug. Anyway getting this to feed into a USB with 2 ends going to the PC to power up the headset? Or can I just get an extension cable and add the proper barrels to fit?
Any feed back is much appreciated…

4 Likes

just curious why not play alyx on 120 hz?

1 Like

When I 1st started it up with the 120hz I got some blurriness with the image, not sure why, I may try it again at 120hz but I saw that in the latest Pitool it had a setup for Half Life and needed the HMD to be set at 90hz.

1 Like

The Artisian is a beast with a 2080ti i can pump up the settings a ton and its clearer than any headset i have tried besides the Hp Reverb

thats probably the alyx’s dynamic resolution built into the game, you have to disable it by modifying steamvr code

3 Likes

Yeah I tried it again in 120hz, when I turn in other directions its looks blurry like pixel and then i’ll turn and its sharp so its not playable, now I did have the parallel projections I think checked in pitool, I just un checked it but i’ll try half life again tomorrow, what other setting are needed, has everyone with the Pimax disabled the dynamic in steamvr code?

if you dont set SS in steam some parameters in pitool may change SS( automatique SS).
When you set 120hz, automatique SS decrease.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.