Issue with PiTool 279

Hi ,

I can not save my setting changes in pitool , when I disable compatible with parallel projections and apply and save that, that will be enabled again automatically!
Same issue with render quality.

2 Likes

Hello,

First, I would suggest to do a Pitool re-installation.

I’ve also reported this problem to our Pitool team and urge them to address this bug.

Regards.

2 Likes

PiTool 279 seams to be working fine from me.
AMD Ryzen9 5900x, AMD Radean RX 6900XT 16G

Compulsive smoothing : Significant improvement

Still not usable. I can see two images in 1/2 and I can see three images in 1/3. They are still not aligned correctly, but very close.

Hidden Area Mask

The Hidden Area Mask for some programs have been fixed: SteamVR home, Pistol Whipped.

For some programs The Hidden Area Mask has not been fixed (I can not get the Hidden Area Mask to apply on: Project Cars 2, Project Cars 3, ProjectWingman, DCS, Meddle Of Honer Above and Beyond (I can run this at 90 Hz, 170FOV, ~2200 Vertical x ~5800 Horizontal)

2 Likes

Hi,

I did that 3 times but i have still this problem

1 Like

Hello,

You may first try to tips provided from the community.
If it doesn’t resolve the issue, we suggest you to log a ticket at our helpdesk.
Our technician is ready to provide assistance to you.And a log might useful for analyze the issue ;Please export firmware logs and send them to us if possible; Here are the steps:

1. Download the file and unzip it to the desktop: pimax_fw_log_console202104.zip - Google Drive
  2. Connect the headset.
  3. Run the “pimax_fw_log_console.exe” and try to reproduce the issues.
  4. The folder named “PimaxLog” will appear on the desktop and the logs are inside it.

Sincerely.

2 Likes

Hi Quorra,
I finally got around to giving it a good test in iRacing (which is one of the only games I use it for), and it seems like an improvement in picture quality for me.
I have had zero issues.

Thx

2 Likes

Hello,

Good to hear that, looking forward to have more iRacing tips from you!!