Is there anyone attending the Mid-Autumn Event?

I think some kind of ‘Pimax Certified VR Knowledgeable’ label on the forums might be nice. For some of us, it might be a useful thing to put on our resumes, a bit like Hurricane Electric IPv6 certifications. Doesn’t have to mean much beyond, that we participated in the contest, and showed in some way that we were knowledgeable.

I realize of course such things can be complicated. Just an idea.

1 Like

Beautiful shot I’ve never seen anything look that good in VR

1 Like

If so , I’d feel “awarded” enough too :star_struck:

2 Likes

I think a nice prize would be the top AMD Zen 3 CPU, Ryzen 9 5950X paired with the best compatible motherboard. Anything that helps us get the best performance with our 8KX.

5 Likes

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

wow,that’s a nice idea.We will think about it

1 Like

Some kind of reimbursement for our choice of CPU would be better. After all, I buy from siliconlottery.com .

Are they actually legit? Do you get better performance from them?

That’s Your problem. If You don’t like the prize sell it and buy something else… :upside_down_face:

Why make it more complicated than it has to be? :wink:

4 Likes

Just to be clear, I’m not talking about a “prize” but my outstanding, paid for order. :wink:

1 Like

Ah, yes, but I don’t want to be rude! If I did that, I would be sure to note the reason - buying pre-binned chip for DCS World, etc - in the auction advertisement… :wink:

Having little prior CPU OC experience, within about 5 minutes of turning on the machine, with their CPU, officially ‘approved’ motherboard, and compact air cooler, I was running this i9-9900kf with their 5.1GHz all-core specifications…
CPU Multiplier 51
CPU VCore 1.312V
AVX Offset 2

My records (printed out and kept in the machine case) show I have also reached 5.3GHz, and 5.2GHz stable.

So, yes, very legit.

2 Likes

Wholy cr… you are willing to pay them a pricepremium of approx $280USD + $50 for delidding and to have them create a spreadsheet for you to follow to OC a CPU?

Yes not all CPU’s are the same, some clock slightly lower but cmon…
Guess you have alot of $$$ to burn… each to his own I guess. :grin:

1 Like

No, I do not. I burned more cash (and much more time) desperately trying to avoid this. And in the end, the OC and delidding probably is the only reason I could get away with air cooling for my applications at the time…

In the end though, I had a portable machine, air cooled, that I could take to the roadshow, and it just worked. :slight_smile:

1 Like

got it Ahhhhh :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.