Is there a way to stop my headset turning on with my computer? (5KS)

As the title, when I turn on my PC my headset turns on. I almost never remember to turn it off, so it’s sitting there getting warm and wasting energy and potentially life span of the device. I don’t want to need to crawl in behind my pc to unplug and plug it in, so that’s not really an option.

Unfortunately I believe unplugging is best. That is what I do.

2 Likes

Do not run pitool at windows startup (disable under general, settings - disable hide to task bar too). When you need VR, just turn on pitool. When not, turn off.

PS: screens are without pitool off, that is only important. If something else works (sound is working, I know), that is not important

2 Likes

Ah, perfect! Thank you.

1 Like

I use a USB switch, which completely turns off my 8KX. I’m pretty busy with other things right now, so it doesn’t make sense to even leave it on standby, when I only use it once or twice a week.

3 Likes

I actually do it the other way round and leave it powered on (standby by long-pressing the power button til it’s bright red).

This is done by enabling “USB power delivery in Soft Off State (S5)” in BIOS (or something very similarly worded - basically always leave USB power on when system is powered off).

Downside of this is of course that the headset is always on stand-by and also that in case of a power outage it’ll be powered on when power is regained (the headset defaults to power on when it receives power).

Some of us have asked for a way to disable this behaviour and make the headsets default to standby state, but it might not be possible.

I’m thinking they (Pimax) are not in control of this as it’s handled by a board/component they can’t change firmware/settings on?

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.