Is there a chance we'll see a 5KXR Super HMD?

The original wide FOV HMDs that were on offer from Pimax, the 5K+ and 8K, have both received new iterations in the form of the 5K Super and the 8K+, improving upon them in a number of ways. As of the time of this writing, the 5KXR model is the only Pimax HMD to not have a “Vision series” equivalent announced for it. Is there a possibility that we’ll see an improved “5KXR” super that includes the MAS, uses the better housing, and potentially improves the screens in some fashion?

1 Like

When it comes RGB Oled panels Pimax will make new models :slight_smile:

I think: No
While in the last month, no new HMD from anyone were released or announced with OLED screens. The market is too small (Space simulations and Horror, while both are dark) and the gap to the 5k super is too small.

I hope they would rather make all the stuff they have already offered and hold off on new headsets for now.

1 Like

Did they announced it?

Technically speaking, if you are handy in tech, you could find RGB Oleds that can be powered by the chipset that runs the 8kX when released and replaced the displays. I assume some software hackery also.

They will when they have it as they have done with all other headsets. (not ready but have it)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.