iRacing Detailed Setup Guide for Pimax 5k+

Not since the last update. iRacing have reset openVR to 100 and removed our ability to change it as this is already catered for in SteamVR.

I donā€™t think thatā€™s true. I posted how you can change that setting in another thread. Itā€™s in one of the steam vr setting files. Not at home so came find the thread

True, there are changes in the OpenVr section ini file since the last update

steamvr.vrsettings is the filename

You should see the section belowā€¦ you can set the value you want there. I think they added this to the gui as well

ā€œsystem.generated.iracingsim64dx11.exeā€ : {
ā€œappNameā€ : ā€œiRacingSim64DX11ā€,
ā€œmotionSmoothingOverrideā€ : 2,
ā€œresolutionScaleā€ : 125
},

You clearly did not read what I wrote.

I said iRacing have removed the ability for us to edit this in their settings files as it is already catered for in SteamVR.

Also there is no need to edit it in the steamvr setting file as you can do exactly the same thing in the GUI

Guys, thereā€™s something I donā€™t get.

On screen, I disable vertical sync and the iRacing FPS meter shows me 300/400 FPS, GPU usage near 100% on afterburner.

In VR while in game, the iRacing FPS meter shows me 70FPS, I have 8ms on steamVR latency ( which is below 11.1ms so itā€™s quite good ) but only 60% GPU usage on afterburner.

Why isnā€™t my GPU going 95/100% ? How can I set my gpu to go full power ?

How did we get here? You clearly didnt read what i wrote. i simply said for i racing i use 1.25 i didnt say where that setting had to be applied. which is why i made clear where the change needed to be made.

Only because you asked. Because you wrote it like this

There is no mention of SteamVR and as most people use the SteamVR GUI which represents the magnification as a percentage not a decimal and the iRacing renderer file always represented it as a decimal and as you said iRacing the most obvious assumption is that you were talking about the iRacing renderer file. It would not be logical to come to a different conclusion.

So I did read what you wrote but when you replied to my response you did not read what I wrote.

I does not matter now because at this point we now both understand each other.