Inverse colors at startup/initialization, sometimes invalid replaced color

Hello!

Now the issue is fixed !

Technical support suggested to update the firmware with 271 debug version and it worked, along with the PiTool 268.

But I even updated PiTool up to 269 and it is still working good.

Thanks to the Pimax support, they had responsiveness and provided a solution.

Hope it will work for you as well.

2 Likes

Hi,
I have the same issue of inverted colors in sometimes one eye, sometimes in both eyes when booting my 5k+.
This started after installing Pitool v 269. Reverted back to Pitool 268, but the issue persists.

Where can I download the debug firmware 271 ?

Hi, I don’t think we can find it either on OpenMR or on Pimax website.

You should create a ticket and for sure they will send it to you by email as they did for me.

I’m happy for you as you had all fixed up so easily. Great :ok_hand:

Unfortunately, my headset is already on its way back to the seller who said that they will check its electronics and then send it back either fixed or a replacement. The seller is in Europe.

But. I paid over 40 € for the shipping.

I’m raising hell due to the shipping cost if it is only a firmware upgrade issue. Not because that would be anywhere near what my wallet can handle but because of the subject matter at hand and the effort I’ve made:
This is because I specifically asked about this from Pimax and their response was that it cannot be a firmware issue but an electronics problem instead. I asked this more than once just to be sure. I hope for their sake that I really had an electronics issue in which case all is forgiven. :slight_smile:

In every case, I feel that someone owes me that 40 but I guess the Sun cools down before I get it back.

A quick follow-up. My headset was replaced on warranty as the display issues could not be fixed by firmware. It turned out that gyro had issues too (tilted floor) that could not be fixed.

Unfortunately, there is a dead pixel at the dead center of one of the displays of the new replacement headset. In the middle of the green “pi” symbol. I skipped further detailed testing of the unit.

I’m now out of patience with Pimax quality control. Whoever is responsible for that over there should be fired immediately without excuses. To compare, Valve Index is roughly the same pricing as Artisan, its quality control is excellent and in every other aspect except the field-of-view and “halo” / “god-ray” effects it just kills Artisan. Even the FOV difference is only about 10-20 degrees depending on your IPD.

The improved Pimax headsets such as 8KX are very expensive and if the quality control of those is similar to that of the Artisan, they will have big issues in the long run.

The basic idea and design concept of Pimax is just great. It’s what we want. It makes me feel really bad for this company, because what you get as end customer is half-baked - at least in my experiences, both products and sales customer service. Their technical service and Pimax resellers on the other hand are much, much better towards the customer.

I rest my case. Delete this post if you dare.

1 Like

Hello, we sincerely sorry for your experience. Could you provide me your ticket number ? I will check all the after-sale details and solve your new problem as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.