Internal power adapter lets your pc power your pimax instead of an external power adapter

By the way everyone, you have probably noticed that everyone’s orders have shipped. Looking forward to getting your feedback!

3 Likes

Topic name changed. Looking forward to mine! I’m out of plugs around my pc even with my UPS.

2 Likes

Ordered the Pimax 12VDC Power Kit a couple of days ago… the package came yesterday. Very surprised and pleased how quickly it arrived. Very simple to install… though I spent more time getting those 3 cables into the flex cover… it was really tight but got it done. The quality was great and it works like a charm.

My Pimax 8K came with a South Korean outlet so I was using a converter but I never really felt comfortable with it. The Tundra Labs power kit was a great solution for me to bypass using a South Korean outlet with a converter. Also helps clean up the wire a bit.

I have more than one Pimax unit now… So I’m going to need another power-cord that came with this kit. Anyone know of an Amazon link or other link to pick up that correct cable? thanks…

Thanks for the post!. You ordered at the perfect time just as I was shipping all of the others out. Now everyone’s orders get sent out as soon as the order is received.

@lgbeno my adapter keeps blowing fuses. Is there a reason this might be happening?

Does the fuse burn as soon as you power on your PC, or later?

Hey @Cr4zyJ sorry to hear this. I have not heard too many complaints about fuses repeatedly blowing like you are seeing. I guess at least the fuse is doing its job to protect worse things from happening.

Can you tell me a little bit more about exactly when it happens. For example what are you doing right before your fuse blows?

I would suggest doing the following:

1. with PC power off, install the SATA to DC cable, do not install the PCI bracket
  2. Plug in the DC barrel cable and your Pimax HMD, power on and test to see if it works
  3. Unplug the DC cable, install the PCI bracket, re run step 2
  4. Power off, install PCI bracket into PC, re run step 2

If you make it past 4 then I guess let me know next steps.

Two possible situations is that if you thread on the DC Barrel with excessive torque, there is a metal collar around it that maybe could damage the DC connector.

Next, is is possible that your PC case is at a different voltage potential than ground, this can cause some interesting problems.

Definitely need some more details to help you out and make the situation right.

1 Like