Intermittent screen blackouts on 8k+?

Has anyone had something similar to this? Display looks great and runs stable in SteamVR desktop mode. When I enter a game, every minute or so the right screen goes black, followed by the left screen about 3 seconds later. They stay off for precisely 12 seconds and then come back on. This repeats over and over, making games unplayable.

I have tried switching USB and Displayports, toggling between 110 Hz and 90 Hz, and changing FOV size. All had the same problem.

Windows 10 - 64 bit
Mobo= Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ULTRA
i7-9700K
32Gig RAM
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW ULTRA

1 Like

I see that a couple other people submitted a similar problem years ago, but it doesn’t look like they’ve been successfully resolved.

I have it sometimes on my 8kx, but short.
Check again device manager, set all usb devices to not let windows turn them off. Do that occasionaly, as sometimes that reverts back.
I made same to my HID devices.
Add active usb hub, an plug pimax there.
That might help.

I have blackouts only on 90Hz, on 75hz no problems.

1 Like

Have you also submitted a ticket with Support?

Thanks for the reply. I have. They are running me through a bunch of older drivers, but nothing has solved the problem yet. Driver 449 solved the black screens but made the fps unplayable.

1 Like

Interesting. I’ll try that. 75 Hz works for me, as well, but I can’t play with that flicker.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. I was really hoping that the USB auto-off idea was going to work. I’ll look into getting an active hub.

1 Like

Update: I got a powered USB hub, and it didn’t help. Was hoping for a cheap fix, so it was worth a try. Let me know if you have any other ideas. Cheers!

1 Like

No, sorry. I had it 2-3 times yesterday. Just restart pc when it starts. And hope that next gpu driver can help you…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.