I want to order 8K X ASAP but i'm afraid!

Hello @PimaxQuorra, sorry I don’t mean to cause controversy, but this statement is slightly concerning, please clarify.

400 original backers :arrow_right: KS backers’ order :arrow_right: Pre-order :arrow_right: New order (purchase date)

I am not a KS backer, I pre-ordered 5k+, and I pre-ordered 8KX.

Completely agree that the original 400 backers should be first, but I pre-ordered an 8KX at the beginning of November. Please confirm that I will not be pushed to the back of the queue because I am not a KS backer doing an upgrade, thanks.

Why would @PimaxQuorra confirm this?

The statement is quite clear: First come the orginal 8KX backers, then all KS backers that chose to upgrade to the 8KX, and then it’s your turn. Why would your pre-order come before the KS upgrades?

6 Likes

Why should KS upgrades come before pre-orders? There was nothing mentioned on the KS that if you become a Kick Starter you will forever be able to jump the queue for new products.

And it certainly wasn’t mentioned when I placed my order that Kick Starters for any Pimax heaset will get their 8KX before any pre-orders regardless of when they place their order.

2 Likes

Because that’s how Pimax chose to reward their backers?

In part it’s also a way to ‘reward’ the KS backers for not having delivered on their pledge goals yet and most backer upgrade plans required some level of foregoing those pledge rewards, so it isn’t exactly ‘jumping the queue’.

2 Likes

This has never been mentioned before - so they took hundreds of thousands of pounds of orders without mentioning that there was a large group of people that would be able to jump the queue - great!!

@Octofox: the issue is no matter how Pimax would prioritize it they would always get criticism from those who feel they should have been the second category in the row.

If Pimax had decided to go by first order, first serve then the backers would have been outraged that they are presented with upgrade plans with some ambiguities which first needed to be addressed and resolved before they could reasonably make a choice, which means firmly order the upgrade to the 8KX. Many backers held back upgrade orders due to the ongoing discussions on the details.

In any case, Pimax have apparently decided on an order of priorities so that’s that. But don’t be surprised if they mess it up in the implementation and rather optimize the deliveries to warehouses etc. and suddenly some pre-orders are shipped earlier than certain backer upgrades after all.

All of us will have to wait for a substantial time anyhow until the deliveries start. Once they have commenced, this prioritization may just be the difference of waiting for 2-4 weeks longer or not.

In the grand scheme of Pimax waiting time not a big deal… but I understand that you are tired of waiting… so am I, an original 8KX backer, but there is nothing we can do about it. And I am waiting for my hand tracking device, the base stations etc., all of them are yet to find their way to my home… and those were backed in 2017…

8 Likes

the issue is no matter how Pimax would prioritize it they would always get criticism from those who feel they should have been the second category in the row.

I’d like to stress again that it’s nothing against later KS backers, they’re waiting too. But it doesn’t mean the rest of us shouldn’t get a fair chance in the queue.

What I consider fair:

1. Original 400 8KX backers get theirs first, they have been waiting the longest and I think we can all agree they are first priority. That was clear and correct from day one.

2. The next set should be done by the date of ordering, and there was nothing to suggest otherwise. I ordered 6th November. So if you’re a KS upgrader and you ordered before me eg in October, then of course you should get yours before me. But if you upgraded after me ie later in November, or December onwards etc then no you shouldn’t receive yours first - because that would be Pimax arranging queue-jumping, and I don’t feel there’s a justification for that with the 8KX deliveries.

3. In my opinion, that’s reasonable and fair. And @Axacuatl you’re completely right, let’s keep it in context and not start a argument between different owners. I would just like clarification from Pimax. A few weeks here and there is indeed not the end of the world given how long people have been waiting, totally agree, and if I’m pushed back I’m not going to kick up a big fuss, it’s just disappointing as you can imagine.

But, if something doesn’t seem right and things are unclear, I’m going to politely point it out :+1:

2 Likes

I think the point you perhaps should weigh in on more is that the pre-orderers didn’t have to cope with the ambiguities of the Upgrade plans when executing the order, and for some backers it wasn’t so much the question if they will order but which upgrade plan they need to iorder under.

And of course the backers will argue that Pimax should first have dealt with the backers and collected the update orders from them before making the 8KX available for general pre-ordering at all. This would then of course be another fault of Pimax, just as the ambiguous upgrade plans, which created the situation in the first place.

It is not that I don’t get your way of thinking because it wasn’t obvious to the pre-orderers how things would go and I get your disappointment. Let’s just hope that once they have started mass production they will hit numbers quickly so that we are just talking about missing out on a couple of weeks.

4 Likes

This is true but worth noting that I and others also delayed until November because of ambiguities. 5k and 8k pre-orders were originally promised a MAS, and some of us waited to see how this would resolve itself.

The answer was silence and no official response ever since, so I gave up, assumed it was a no, and eventually put in the 8KX order so I could get a MAS as much as the headset, given many of us have not been able to properly use our 1st gen headsets without it. I considered buying one separately in advance of the 8KX, just so I could use the 5k+ properly.

Therefore I feel it ultimately comes back down to when we placed our orders. I still don’t think someone who upgraded in January should really get theirs before someone who ordered in November, a two month difference.

But if that’s how they’re going to handle it, then that’s how it is. Let’s see what happens.

2 Likes

KS backers should remember the mess with the address confirmations. If Pimax logistics hasn’t changed, they will be producing from 100 to 400 headsets per week during first weeks of production and sending batches of them per country. I remember during KS it was US first, then EU, then rest of the world. It’s good that 8KX doesn’t need a power supply. During KS delivery the batches were split into 100 - 300 boxes per batch, so if we’ll know total number of 8KX ordered per region, that can help to figure out estimate dispatch time. I think they may prioritize KS backers orders but only as long as there’s enough of that for one batch. For example, second batch for US, 500 units total, 300 for KS backers, the rest are for pre-orders. They’ll be received in US nearly the same time, all 500.

Only my educated guess…

4 Likes

Yeah. Can’t wait to see ED in the 8KX :smiley:

4 Likes

Pimax logistics are a complete mess anyway, as a 2000’s numbered backer, i saw people with 4’s and 5’s thousands get there 5k+'s before me, i have absolutely no doubt that preorderers will get their 8kx’s before me too.

2 Likes

I agree with you that backers shouldn’t be able to skip the line. The ones that backed the 8kx should get it first. They never mentioned backers who didnt back the 8kx can get it before preorderers. In my book that plain wrong.

1 Like

I’d just be happy to see anybody receive an 8kx so we know shipping is at least starting .

4 Likes

Pimax never stated that backers that didnt back the 8kx will get it before preorder. That is plain wrong and should be corrected.

This isn’t the first time this has been mentioned by Pimax. However, the original announcement wasn’t very clear, imo. That’s why I asked about it. For me, it would mean I’d get my 8KX about a month sooner.

3 Likes

They should have made it more clear instead of taking people money. Half the preorders rushed to be first in line only to find out that some backer who decided to order 3 months later will get it before them.

1 Like

Unfortunately, when has Pimax ever been clear? They should have done a lot of things differently. Honestly, I was a bit surprised (but pleased) to hear that the 8KX shipping order wasn’t sequential by date (like I assumed).

As a backer, that’s a nice (but unexpected) perk. But for early non-backer preorders, it sure sucks.

On the other hand, the later 8KX units will likely have less problems than the initial units.

2 Likes

I’m backer/upgrade and I would not mind if preorders/upgrades went by the date (original 8kX backers should go first). But those are separate queues and maybe there would be problem sorting it out.

And getting one too early is not necessarily good. We know how Pimax early batches go and it is no thing of the past as we see it also with Artisan (cracks because early batch coating was done manually).

6 Likes

Valid argument you bought to the table. If I got the 5k+ with the black dots I would have been pissed. Maybe it good not getting it first.

2 Likes