I want the original hidden 25L 25R backlight brightness option back!

@Dallashao @Matthew.Xu @PimaxVR @PimaxUSA @xunshu @Doman.Chen @Sean.Huang @PimaxVR

I had inadvertently been left with a pimax debug tool which enabled brightness via entering “25L 25R”.

It had made the brightness as good as my old VIVE. I used it for a long while until a new pitool came out and it stopped working. It was perfectly fine for me with zero instability using it.

I have low light issues with my eyes. Please let people use the true maximum backlight brightness which far exceeds the values enabled in pitool.
Please.

6 Likes

@deletedpimaxrep1 <–Xunshu (RIP) @anon74848233 <–Dallas (RIP)

3 Likes

The question is if they changed PiTool or the firmware, and since you are mentioning “debug tool” I would suspect the latter. Anyway, the brightness is directly linked to the LED power consumption and heat, so it could also be that this configuration is not safe to everyone (despite your good experience).

3 Likes

I will submit your suggestion to the developer, but whether to add this option or not depends on your requirements.

4 Likes

Thank you please consider it

@Alex.liu

pls give feedback regarding this issue.

1 Like

Hi, aesopfabled
i am alex , the pm of pitool . your requirement i was known . we will analyse it and tell you the result as soon as possible

6 Likes

Thank you. I consider pimax to be extremely useful for us with vision issues, disibility, or eye quirks even

3 Likes