I think the 8K should be discontinued after the 8K+ and 8KX launches

Pimax 8K is going to be the awkward abandoned sibling once the 8K+ and 8KX is out.

no an unique precious artifact :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Store it a vault together with my Pimax 4K BE.

yes it’s tech, as soon as an improved model appear it is obsolete, have good memories of the p4k. i liked it in a way

I’m not really saying they should discontinue it because it’s obsolete.

It’s better than most of the stuff on the market. I’m saying they should discontinue it because it doesn’t have a great position in their product line up and would only unintentionally mislead consumers and sour their own reputation. Hence the awkward sibling analogy.

If a person buys an 8K because it’s slightly cheaper without doing the proper research they would likely feel cheated just because the price gap between the 8K and 5K+ is substantial but not the significant upgrade as the 8K+ is to the 8K

1 Like

yep agree there is not much room for the 8k anymore, maybe if pimax want to be guiness world record holder of number of headset models they can price the 8k in the middel between 5k+ and 8k+

1 Like

I seriously hope Pimax isn’t going for record no of SKUs.

1 Like

They’ve got like 9 now or something…time to trim the fat. Having a ridiculous amount of headsets will only cause problems, confusion and make it seem like pimax doesnt know what they are doing.

2 Likes

for a large part it is enthousiasm i think and trying to fulfill al preferences and keep it affordable for most people. It’s more complicated to put it all in one headset, it will take more years and money. The 8kx is the most complete one at the moment with the option to upscale or not. and in the future maybe the 8kx oled like rgb panels will be there and dynamic distortion correction and more boxes are ticked

The 5K+ is the affordable option.

The 8K is like those mid tier GPUs that weren’t worth the upgrade.

No one is saying go down to one headset, but the amount they have currently is just ridiculous.

2 Likes

only the 8k was not an upgrade it was the first model the 8k+/x is the upgrade

They are the only company that you can buy an upgraded headset 4 times in a year! Have to hand it to them for that. :wink:

1 Like

If I’ll be honest. I think they should just make 4 headsets after Piday 2.

5K+ + the OLED Variant.
8K+
8KX

2 Likes

5k++, the OOLED variant… (sorry, that’s as good as my attempts at humor get, I’m afraid. :P)

1 Like

I would call it 5K OK+

Jojon you may be on to something. Add one more to the Pimax lineup…we need more headsets!
I’ve already started growing a third head, so I can justify another headset.:family_man_man_boy:

In a year or 2, I’d expect Pimax to drop the 8K+. I think the 5K+ is a good budget model and the 8KX is a good high-end model. The 8K+ is fine for the middle ground, but once the 8KX drops in price (you know it will, eventually) there won’t be all that much room for a mid-tier HMD.

2 Likes

And now, I’m watching happily you eating these words:

:beers::sweden::finland:

Yeah they should probably do this. Even for someone like me who follows VR and Pimax in particular, it’s hard to keep track of the headets and variants thereof that exist. 5K+ is the cheapest option, old 8K has no reason for existing.

1 Like