I NEED replacement parts, How do i get them?

I somehow lost a strap hinge. the flat metal piece that goes from the HMD to the Head strap that holds the HMD to your head.

How do I order them?? I am trying to use my DAS for my 5k+. I want both left and right.

@anon74848233 @mozi @PimaxUSA

2 Likes

Do you mean the shaft? Or the clip the hinge tgat the strap goes through?

The Hinged peice that goes on the shaft; there are some nice 3dprintable items for attaching vive das to pimax on thingverse.

But yeah it is a good question as these headset strap clips would be handy for modding & if need replacements. To me 10 & 20 packs would be ideal. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

Which headset & backer or pre order?

2 Likes

There are 3d printable hinge replacements for the DAS that replace both so TBH just print two of those and remove the one that is left…job done

2 Likes

Hi Vexxd,

Just email your post along with your full address to na_support@pimaxvr.com and I’ll ship you a replacement hinge for free.

8 Likes

tried that but they break so easily…

1 Like

email sent. Thank you SO much!

If you use velcro you dont want those hinges.

1 Like

Pla tends to be a bit fragile. ABS has better strength.

1 Like

I will keep that in mind, thank you.

1 Like

With the adapters @Digital made for me I believe are ABS & yeah am sure regular pla might have broke. Pla plus is supposed to have stronger properties than reg pla.

1 Like

i used this vid Pimax 5k+/8K with the Deluxe Audio Strap - The Best Way to do it! 3D printed Adapter - YouTube to figure this out. he said to use pla. Happy to hear there are better options. i know nothing about 3d printing.