I MADE TEST for AntiSDE!

thank you I’ll give it a try with my old gear vr just to compare

2 Likes

Yes! Tomorrow I will try it in the glass. To know what happens hehe

6 Likes

I remember using a mobile matte screen protector for the samsung note 3 on the Dk2 to diffuse the screen door effect.

Is it like the following?

4 Likes

i smell a Pimax 5k++ coming

6 Likes

An object oriented HMD.

Keep in mind the rgb panel images are way closer than the pentile images.

1 Like

@anon74848233 @PimaxVR Microlens Arrays | Microlens Array - Holographix LLC

Don’t use a diffuse filter. Use custom micro lens arrays. They magnify each pixel portion while the sde grid does not get magnified. Effectively your left with no sde grid at all.

You would need to order based on what focal length and f-stop that will only magnify the light portions of the screen.

Micro arrays should be pretty cheap as they are widely used in projectors.

9 Likes

I prefer the unfiltered one.

6 Likes

Ya, I’m not convinced by any of this. One more thing, the filtered version is too bright. maybe it’s reflection?

To me this looks liek the image just gets blurred until you can’t see the blacks in between the pixels. Considering the 5K+ Vs 8K debate you are removing the biggest strengh of the 5K+ with this.
That being said I can see 2why one would prefer this image. I opted for the 8K because I do not absolute clarity and have no problem with a softer image.

4 Likes

that’s exactly what it is doing.

2 Likes

It depends on the degree of diffusor. The lower the SDE, the lower it must be. Especially with the 5k+ and 8k a diffusor would be possible which is only so large that it fills the gaps but does not blur the contours.

2 Likes