I love my Pimax 5k+ but it seem faulty, and i'm not sure if i have a warranty or not (buyed it 2nd hand)

Hello,

I was seeking for a vr headset so i’ve choose to watch youtube videos to help me choose, and in the end SweViver hyped me up for the pimax 5k+ but since i wasn’t willing to wait for the shipping, i’ve bought a 2nd hand one from a company (i’ve to admit that i’m starting to regret that move) that wasn’t able to use it for their project, the only thing they have told me was that pimax have sent the 5k+ with the wrong plug so i’ll have to buy an adaptator for the outlet.

Plus they were giving a vive with it, so it was a good deal for me.

Then the day come where it arive at home, i’ve choosed to try the Vive it was my first experience in vr so yeah it was fun, and now it was time for the “pimax experience” and at first look it was great, a better image quality, a better fov and it was comfortable.

But after 1 or 2 hours i’ve started to see the “down sides” of my headset, a lot of lens glare/god rays, black dots everywere, like at one point i wasn’t able to be a good convenience store clerk in job simulator because i was more focused on the dots than on my “job”, and last but not least a crack in the plastic ?! (was it like that when pimax shipped it to the company ? did the company did it ? Did the delivery company who shipped it to me did it ? Did i did it in 2h of play time ? Sorry but i don’t have the answer).

So, over the next days i’ve been able to help with the lens glare/god rays by changing the foam of the headset, and for the black dots, actually beta v1.0.1.121 helped alot now i only slightly see it on purple or red colors, and on big monotone screen (like superhot) i can see darker blury horizontal lines which make it look like a old tv but it’s still better than dots everywere .

But, we’re now around one week after having recived it, and i have 4 cracks and 2 small bits that gone of, in the plastic and i’m the only one using it, no children (some of my friends tried it but none of them have done anything wierd or stupid with it.)
And i have some dust or (pieces of plastic ?) in the lenses, i can’t see it when the headset is on my head because it’s too close to my eyes but still.

And i’ve noted an another “funny” thing, on the headstraps, one of the side straps is smaller, so when one of my friend with a small head was ready to try the 5k+ she had trouble to keep it straped on her head because the longest strap ended up going past the velcro part of it.

I had a problem when the headset was on, and a black screen was showing, in the left eye screen i was able to see two green pixels in the bottom.
Now, this issue has been resolved by itself and i don’t know how, maybe the cable?
I just hope it will not come back.

And last thing, the tracking is weird, sometime “the floor is moving by itself” even in pimax VR home.

Now i need your help, since i feel like me that my headset is faulty and since i’ve buyed it from someone else, do i have a waranty ? If yes can i ask for a replacement ?

Don’t get me wrong i love my 5k+ and it’s usable, sometimes the tracking problem kick in but it’s like 2s every once in a while and the cracks don’t let light shine through, but i don’t want to be stuck with a faulty product.
I’m just scared that because of the fact that i buyed it 2nd hand, i don’t have any warranty, and my investment will trun into dust one day.
Because in around one regular week of use the headset shouldn’t damage itself.

Thanks for your answers, sorry if my english is not perfect and sorry for the book i’ve just writed to you.

2 Likes

Does this sound like my case?

2 Likes

Not it’s not like you,
for you it’s look like your camera is shivering.
Me it’s more like if the world were moving in any directions, in a radius of 20/40/60 cm (depend of the moment) for like 1 or 2 seconds.

I did a test in project car 2 just to see if i had your issue too and no, even with lighthouse on or off.

2 Likes

I see, thanks.
I just can’t find a single person with a similar problem.

I don’t understand where these fluctuations come from.
With tracking turned off (I have 1 HTC base station), the image is almost non-shaky.

I could call it drift, but it does not go away. It twitches / floats on the spot.

That sounds like the issue i would get with my vive when standing close to my window, it went away after hung some curtains to get rid of the reflections.

2 Likes

I don’t understand where these fluctuations come from. With tracking turned off (I have 1 HTC base station), the image is almost non-shaky.

I don’t know, maybe you should try to lend somebody’s lighthouses.
You said it was like that in AssettoCorsa and SteamVR but it is the same case in other games ? (lighthouses on or off ?)

That sounds like the issue i would get with my vive when standing close to my window, it went away after hung some curtains to get rid of the reflections.

I’ve never had any problem with the vive, but yes i have a window in the direction of one of my lighthouses it’s not close to me but still, i’ll try to cover it and see if it’s stop my problem, thanks for the idea.

The OP is asking a relevant question here which Is getting a bit lost during the thread. @PimaxUSA can you confirm that rectification of any defects on the second hand unit the OP has bought (for example the cracks in the casing) will still be rectified by Pimax. Is there a way for the OP to raise a SUSPEN ticket in the usual manner quoting the serial number of the unit? Or does another route have to be taken? @DerekVVV copied for info / joint reply.

1 Like

Hello, i still need an answer, can anyone help ?

@PimaxUSA @DerekVVV @anon74848233 @mozi Can somebody answer this to help the OP?
Thanks.

1 Like

hi,

can you open a ticket on the SUP, and upload the pics ? I have talked to Doman Chen, he will help on it.

1 Like

hi,

we do provide service to second-handed headset, don’t worry, but the buyer has to give the serial number first.

1 Like

hi,

we do provide service to second-handed headset, don’t worry, but the buyer has to give the serial number first.

and please use service desk for your questions.

1 Like

Many thanks for your response Derek :+1:
@Voxtheox

1 Like

Thanks for your answer, i’ll do it as soon as i can