I found a great screenshot of pixel/SDE comparison of the 5K+ and 8K and would like your feedback

Lol no fine. But Robin Williams on Drunk guys & dating women was awesome. :wink:

1 Like

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not (due to eye roll emoji) :thinking:

If you are getting two headsets anyway, then why not get one of each and decide after trying them? There are still over a thousand backers after you, so you should be able to sell the one you don’t want before the preorders ship.

1 Like

The emoji I was after should have been the “thinking” :thinking:. I just want to make sure I can still get a decent price for the one I dont want to keep. I guess with the backer stretch goal accessories included I should still come out ok. Just hate losing money…

1 Like

2 Likes

If you bought a pledge under the Pre Order price you should be good.

Plus there will be folks who missed the Pre Order & will want to jump the wait in line.

1 Like

True, I’ll just hang on to it. Probably wouldnt forgive myself otherwise. Wondering if I should I get the 8K first or the 5K+ first.

2 Likes

One point is not discussed and that’s the time needed for the upscaling in 8K HMD.
For me this is an importand point even more than SDE as it would result in input lag. We know the performance is already on the edge. At the moment we see even a 2080ti is struggling e.g. with Assetto Corsa Competizione on med to high settings with a Vive or Rift so any additional time needed for the upscaleris for me a no go, as this results in additional input lag which would be a fixed lag.

You have to chose your poison, a diffusion filter will reduce definition vs the original, excellent up scaling will require information and introduce lag, direct 4K would need tremendous resource.

Even eye tracking could introduce some lag processing, on the 2D gaming scene people until recently choose speed vs resolution and were gaming in 1080P.

1 Like

OG Vive & Rift keep in mind are also limited to hdmi 1.4 for input.