HTC Vive Pro 2 vs HP Reverb G2

HTC Vive Pro 2 vs HP Reverb G2

2 Likes

A pitty the vive pro 2 has far more glare and that the clarity is a little better on the G 2,that is written in the comments from sebastian…

1 Like

But the colours are better with the Vive pro 2. Imagine then how much better they are compared to the 8k X since the HP reverb G2 already had better colors than the 8kx

This suprises me,cause a another reviewer said that the contrast and brightness is lower on the hp vive pro 2…So i will see this when i get my device…

1 Like

Personally if I adjust the 8KX colors (-1 Red contrast, +1 Blue brightness) and use an LCD color stripe test, the 8KX can output every color strip…the issue for me is the brightness. I forgot how bright the Index is after not using it for months while using the 8KX and Quest 2…I wonder if the Pro 2 is bright enough, and if not, maybe that’s why it has less godrays than an Index.

3 Likes

How can you use so much brightness? Your eyes doesn’t hurt?
I can set max 60 backlight on pitool and I see people are saying 100 is not enough…

Heh, I sorely miss the brightness of the original Vive, which is significantly stronger than any HMD since, all of which I find depressingly drab and indistinct . :7

1 Like

Yeah like @jojon the benchmark started with OG Vive. I tried a Rift CV1 in an arcade once after using Vive for a few years, and I thought there was something wrong with it…it was extremely dim! The 5K+ was very dim too, although the screendoor was almost gone. The Index was bright but bad blacks, and I’m not a fan of the optics + glare. 8KX is decent at 100% brightness, but there’s some extra persistence I think over 75%. I’ve tried the Odysey+ (uses Vive Pro screens) and unless the Vive Pro is brighter, even that was less brightness than the OG Vive, but there was some black crush that was annoying…Plz Pro 2 be good

You want bright, yesterday I was testing back to back several Headsets, the XR/BE, 8kX, Index, Quest 1, Samsung OG.

Verdict, the Samsung OG looks better than all, super bright and rich in colors and forgot how sharp it actually is. Yes of course there is screendoor, but is almost irrelevant. The issue is that I like wide FOV (Personal Opinion)

2 Likes

Interesting. You try the Odyssey+? Figured they were the same panels. I always thought I’d rather see a crisp image with screendoor than the pixel diffuser of Odyssey+/Index. If the rest of the view is good (crisp and bright) then I agree that the screendoor doesn’t matter. I honestly never saw the screen door of the HTC Vive when one day my eyes focused on it, and then it was there forever afterwards. Pro 2 is what I thought the Pro 1 was going to be (no screendoor, bigger FOV), should be good for me for a while, but there’s always whatever comes next year, lol.

3 Likes

I have only owned original Vive 2nd wave of pre order .5k+ and 8kx. I still remember my amazement that first time in vr.

1 Like

I own it, but I loaned it. You see less screendoor with the +, just sacrifices sharpness. Both are top notch units

1 Like

That’s funny because for 3 years i used nothing but a CV1 and couldn’t understand what people meant when they said the OG vive was brighter. The CV1 was perfectly fine to me.

Then I got a vive because of Pimax (for controllers) and i finally understood.

Strange thing is unless you’re coming from one other, comparing them side by side. It doesn’t end up mattering to you.

1 Like

Yup, the Rift was quite dim. Very comfortable headset and the screen door was better than the Vive although the same resolution. The Vives higher FOV and brightness made it easier on the eyes.

3 Likes

Hey guys,

for all simracers I made a brief review of the Vive Pro 2. Icame almost to the same conclusion as VR tech, but samracers requirements differ a bit.

Unfortunately it’s only in German but maybe interesting for some of you anyway.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.