Breaking News: MALICE confirmed? Part 2. HP continues sendinf units to Christmas retail shelves, while ignoring pre-orders and dead RMA units (which are on 3+ month waiting lists for their replacements)…
- As we all know… Pre-order retailers were delayed by HP multiple times, from November to December, and then from December to January/February/March/April 2021. Most pre-orders have waited for half a year but will still not get their units before Christmas 2020, and will get theirs several months into the next year instead.
- Here is the press release where HP claimed that they were going to do better… HP Reverb G2 Virtual Reality Headset – Shipping Update
- And here is what happened after their promise to do better…
- Here is a partial list (summary) of countries they’ve been sending retail units to, such as America, Canada, Australia and HP Spain: https://www.reddit.com/r/HPReverb/comments/k8r0x7/breaking_news_malice_or_just_incompetence_hp/gezpx6u/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
- And then HP Germany sold retail units with “3 day delivery”.
- And then they sold retail units in the UK with next-day delivery: Reddit - Dive into anything
- And then they sent units to Swedish christmas retailers (now) while ignoring Swedish pre-orders (still slated to not get their FIRST shipment until January) a few days ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/HPReverb/comments/k8r0x7/breaking_news_malice_or_just_incompetence_hp/
- And then they sold retail units via HP France yesterday: https://www.reddit.com/r/HPReverb/comments/k926fb/reverb_g2_for_575_and_before_christmas_in_france/
- And now they’ve sent units to several online Christmas shops in Norway today: https://www.reddit.com/r/HPReverb/comments/k8r0x7/breaking_news_malice_or_just_incompetence_hp/gf60acy/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
- And Allegro, a Christmas shelf retailer in Poland, is selling units today, with next-day delivery, 38 sold and 2 left: https://www.reddit.com/r/HPReverb/comments/kacgqn/allegropl_order_now_and_get_it_today/ and https://www.reddit.com/r/HPReverb/comments/ka95ew/comment/gf9mfya
- Meanwhile, the world is full of pre-orders lasting many months into 2021. (March/April 2021 for some people and countries due to “no G2 headset availability”).
- HP is telling the pre-order stores “we have no units for you yet”, while they continue sending more and more and more shipments to regular Christmas retail shelf stores.
- And pre-order sufferers who receive dead headsets are not given replacements since they “have no units available”, and are put on 3 month waiting queues (and a complete lack of interest by HP’s support), such as this poor fella and many others in the comments there and on the other news items I’ve linked above: https://www.reddit.com/r/HPReverb/comments/k988jk/my_horror_story_with_hp/
- Sebastian Ang from MRTV publicly called them out and asks them to give every pre-order customer financial compensation for this completely messed up behavior: https://www.reddit.com/r/HPReverb/comments/k7j2mi/g2_launch_is_a_failure_what_hp_needs_to_do_now/
- And here is another post calling out HP’s history and summarizing everything they’ve made their pre-order customers suffer through: https://www.reddit.com/r/HPReverb/comments/k8r0x7/breaking_news_malice_or_just_incompetence_hp/gf040ff/?context=1
TL;DR / ELI5: HP has our pre-order munny already. HP wants Christmas retail munny now. HP cares about munny a lot. HP cares about pre-orders not at all.