How to use WebVR with Pimax?

There is no explanation anywhere or that’s easy to find, just some guys asking “does WebVR work” and the answer is “Yes, through SteamVR”… how?

I have pitool open, everything good.

I have SteamVR open.

Of course I have enabled WebXR in the chrome flags.

Do I need to use this Chromium thing or Firefox?

What am I doing wrong?

Hello,

You do need to download the Chronium with WebVR support. Firefox will compatible with WebVR too.

1. Find the chromium_webvr_v1.1_win.zip file in your Downloads directory, and extract all the contents.
  2. In the output directory, find and launch the chrome.exe file.
  3. In the URL bar, load chrome://flags#enable-webvr and toggle the Enable WebVR flag.
  4. In the URL bar, load chrome://flags#enable-gamepad-extensions and toggle the Enable Gamepad Extensions flag.
  5. Launch the SteamVR application.

You can try to follow these instructions, if the WebVR remains failure, please contact with our tech team.

Regards.

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll try this

Have you managed to make it work?

I tried a lot with Firefox, but without success. When i open site with WebVR content, Firefox ask permission. When i click agree, an message appear in SteamVR that Firefox is starting. Then message dissapear and nothing starts. In Task Manager Firefox keep using 20% GPU.

Nah it didn’t work, I haven’t tried Firefox though, I’ll give it a go and let you know.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.