HOW TO suspend temporarily a VR game like a PS4/Xbox game

Hi people!

Here you have a new guide. I had a problem with my Pimax, because some games, like Virtual Virtual Reality, take long time to return to the same place. And If you turn off Pimax, everything shutdown, or the computer continue with GPU/CPU at full.

Some times I need a rest… but later I don’t want to return and last time redoing everything.

I fount a method.

You need the software Process Explorer.

When you are playing, and need a rest, only go to this software and suspend this process in this order:
-The game process (you can search the process with the aim icon)
-vrserver
-vrmonitor
-vrcomposer
-pi_server

Then you can turn off Pimax, lighthouse, work in other thinks… take a bath please, eat something, sex?

I tried several combinations, but it’s the only way to reduce GPU/CPU to 0% and SteamVR doesn’t close when you connect again.

And then you can return to the game when you want, only doing everything in reverse. Turn on Pimax first, resume the processes, wait 3 seconds… and you can play again in the same place that you leave.

I think it’s the same way for Oculus Games.

For me it’s a game changer, because I stopped using the VR for this reason. Now I can start a game and don’t stop it until I finish it.

@anon74848233 @Sean.Huang I know that you have a lot of work… But I think that this functionality, automated in Pitool, could be amazing.

6 Likes

If someone try it, or knows another method, please tell it :slight_smile:

They already implemented the commands to restart the Pimax services in PiTool. I think that at this point it would mostly be copy/paste to implement pause/resume in PiTool.

1 Like

Very interesting, I think this should be stickied. It would also be interesting that @PimaxVR added this functionaltity natively and with a single hibernate/suspend button on Pitool, this happened automatically.

1 Like