How to setup the Prescription lens holders?

Hi everyone,

I’ve recently printed out the Prescription lens holders but I am a little bit stumped what are the next steps. Sure, I have to go to the optician to let them fit in some lenses but usually, they have to know the exact position where I will look through. If I am not wrong, it should be exactly above the center of the ‘sweet spot’ of the inbuild lenses but even if its the case, measuring it myself is far from perfect.

My question would be therefore, did someone found a fail-safe process of how to find the right and exact position?

My current plan would be:

1. Put the lens holders into the Pimax without lenses.
  2. Try out to find the exact center of the ‘sweet spot’ of the inbuild lenses from the Pimax related to the (still empty) prescription lens holders.
  3. Draw all together onto a 2D Map and order with it the new lenses from the optician

Perfect Solution:

1. Pimax tells us the exact position. They have the CAD Model of the Case, know exactly how the inbuild lenses are shaped/fitted and how the frames are put it. It shouldn’t be that hard to figure out for them. But sadly i can’t find any information regarding that :expressionless:

Btw. here’s a picture of them:

2 Likes

P.s.: I wanted to post this question in the new Pimax Forum (https://store.pimaxvr.com/forum/pimax-forum-3) but i get a 404 Error as soon i want to post the new Thread.

@PimaxQuorra

P.s.s.: After a 2nd try i could post a new Thread in the Pimax Forum but, it does not appear. Seems like Pimax wants to manually check them first before they are published. I guess. Or it disappeared in the void, forever.

Hello Pal,

Thank you for submitting the question in the forum, regarding the support forum, our webmaster is working on it. Currently it haven’t grant any access to user to post the discussion, but we can read thru the discussion you sent! We will make it access to all user for the support forum.

On the question you mentioned above,we will forward to our product manager, and get the explanation to you ASAP!

Cheers,
Quorra.Pimax

2 Likes

About lens adapters, you can’t fix any lenses on this piece. Nobody knows why Pimax published this thing. We have to wait for Pimax to publish a real lens adapter, or you can check this method:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-5k-8k-prescription-lens-adapter/19796

2 Likes

Thanks @Korgen for telling me. In the meantime i’ve also found a thread about VR-Frames (https://vr-lens-lab.com/product/vr-frames-virtual-reality-glasses/) which someone here in the Forum is already using successfully for his/her Pimax.

Beside that I am still curious if and what the Product Manager will answer to my questions as @PimaxQuorra mentioned he/she will.

1 Like

Hello TheHolyOne,

Since we had pass over the question to our product manager, the prescription lens holder is needed to be manufacture in perfect measurement for the lens/ or it can be said it’s a VR frame. We will distribute to our backers once the stocks are with us.

Please wait for it!

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

1 Like

Hi @PimaxQuorra

as you can see on the picture in my first post, the prescription lense holder is perfectly ‘manufactured’ (aka 3d printed). I am still in need to know the position where the exact middle of the sweat spot is. Can you or your Product Manager deliver this information?

My best regards,
THO

1 Like

Hello TheHolyOne,

Regarding this sweet spot for the prescription lens, we will ask from our Product Manager, will notify you when we got the answer for you!

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

2 Likes

Hello TheHolyOne,

We had deliver your message to our PM about the prescription lens holder, but the feedback is as below :

1. The prescription lens holders must have the support point within the lens/plug in between the lens (nose area).
  2. And also IPD problem, the frame have to able to compatible with the IPD,as you might need to switch in between.

Hope this might be useful for you.
Have a wonderful day.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

Hi PimaxQuorra,

thanks for the answer. Sadly i am not sure what you mean with:

1. “Support point” ? Please note i’ve printed it out as they’ve been provided by Pimax.

I am wrong? Or is the prescription lense holder just totally useless? Will Pimax then deliver another 3d File for a usefull one?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.