How to sell a KS pledge safely?

So @GraXXoR is selling his pledge. Anyone have advice on how to transfer funds and the kickstarter pledge saftley? Especially for international transfers?

I’m also considering this due to timing

Early backer in the 500’s
8K headset + 1 base station
stretch goals and delivery

3 Likes

I can’t recall off hand but the fellow who bought @mirq pledge; there method from what i recall seemed decent. His name was @Scy0846.

My advice would be to see if Pimax holds up to their 'In May we’ll ship to the testers" promise. It’s only 6 days anyway. If they again break the promise, then who knows when it will be ready and it might be an idea to sell indeed.

Also would like to hear how others sold their pledge exactly? And what exactly do you sell anyway, can Pimax arrange for this or is this something that backers arrange between them? And in that last case, the original backer would receive the HMD and then send it out after receiving it? Sounds tricky.

1 Like

Mirq & scy did some transefer i think of money b4 & also did so through pimax in communication if tye transfer. But don’t know exact details. But definitely right to warn caution without a clear plan.
I just know they did i think transfer of the kickstarter account in the mix.

Something like paypal is likely a good route.

1 Like

To get it done safely, have Pimax involved but there will still be risks on both sides.
If the buyer is serious, they should have no problem transferring half the funds.

When that is done, contact Pimax through Kickstarter & here on the forums through PM and let them know your intentions.

The remaining funds should be transferred only after Pimax has confirmed your intentions and is willing to co-operate.

Remember, Pimax has no obligation to work with you and if that happens, you’ll have to explain it to the buyer.

Either you send the funds back or have the buyer pay in full then you could change the shipping info in KS.
If the Pimax 8K is your only pledge, I’d just give up the account fully and be done with it.

1 Like

I have the solution!

Send the money and the hmd to me… I will hold onto both until funds are put into the others account, I will then on ship it to the new owner.

Note… The hmd may be in a used condition… I blame the courier service :smiling_imp:

7 Likes

just wait till shipment term,then you can buy it from others

1 Like

I would say, sell your ‘right’ onto all what the pledge include via ebay.
Why? Because you are bounded then by an international confirmed and used contract which is provided by ebay for both parties.

Also the Buyer sees than who is selling it and what ratings he has. Maybe even the Personal Data are confirmed by (in germany) postident.

This all can be also combined with a escrow service, who is actually first receiving the stuff/money and decides than on previous defined rules when to send whom what.

2 Likes

Good point i think @mirq & @Scy0846 used paypal for this as well.

Yes, we did use paypal. Basically this was his only KS on his account so I requested to give him half of the pledge after the KS went into my name and email. Then the other half after Pimax told me they would send it to me and I would be the contact on the pledge now. They confirmed this to both of us and I paid the remaining balance. There is a bit of trust there as you would have to guarantee the buyer will give you the remaining half, but I assume if they don’t then you should be able to contact Pimax and say the terms were broken and to change the account back or file a paypal complaint. We actually used friends and family to avoid fees, however so you are aware, only use that if you trust each other. Friends and Family cannot have a paypal claim against it, so if you get screwed by one party they can’t take it back, however it is free. Just be careful.

3 Likes

Still prefer my method… Hehe

1 Like

Im from Germany and i nearly sold my pledge for 1499€…that nearly doubled from what i paid till now as early bird complete package plus some extras.
But before I said yes there came the update about the controller…and I really love them :smiley: so I decided to keep my pledge. Also the HTC pro is the same price so that would not be a alternative^^

1 Like

Please, how did you contact Pimax? By e-mail? what was the email used and what was the response time from Pimax. Thank you in advance.

2 Likes

I used their support email. They responded in 24-72 hours. I say 72 because a holiday was involved at one point I believe. Pretty responsive.

2 Likes

That sounds like a good method if Pimax fail to deliver, they might be willing to cooperate in trades.

It would be nice if Pimax could just collect a list of buyers who want to buy and put the refunded pledges on sale on INDEMAND in Indiegogo.

1 Like

is it support@pimaxvr.com ?
I was looking at the website and there is a sales email listed but no support email

1 Like

That is what I used.

1 Like

Great, thank you. I have sent my request to support@pimaxvr.com

1 Like

Any followup, @GameMaker How did it go?

Sorry for the delay. It went just fine.

1 Like