How to play project cars on pimax 8k, 5k without parallel projections and steamvr

YES PLEASE DO! i wonder why pimax can’t add an option to go less than -10 to see if it can fix pp issues or not

Doesn’t look like this is going to work. I adjusted the value, and can get the hands/dashboard aligned, but the track/distance is off. Also, the slider doesn’t seem to affect the HUD.

1 Like

Hi OP, just wanted to say massive thanks for your efforts with this and dirt rally. Two of my favourite games alongside DCS and Elite Dangerous. This has made life much easier running dirt and a nice bonus that we don’t need parallel projections anymore in both titles!

If you ever get chance to look at doing this for Elite Dangerous I’m sure many people would be very greatful! Do you have a donations page?

Hi,
Where are those .dll’s coming from? I do not want to install any of the oculus software, so I wonder if it is possible to have oculus runtime without that? What I’d like to try is to run Open Composite with Pimax, to run OpenVR games without SteamVR.

2 Likes
2 Likes

The DLLs are from the oculus software originally. If you download them from the drive link OP left you just drop them in the game folder and it works without needing to install the oculus software at all. So no need for the ridiculous 10gb space requirement or the annoying software.

3 Likes

shoot it didn’t work :smiley: but thanks for sharing :+1:

Are you sure you’ve followed it correctly and for Project Cars 1, not 2. There is a very slightly different method for 2 which OP has also posted on his YouTube channel.

2 Likes

that is not my goal, I would like to bypass Steam VR in a game that does not have native oculus support, but I will watch the videos to understand how to do it - maybe I am missing something, cheers :slight_smile:

thx, If you can give me Elite Dangerous, I will try :sweat_smile: