How to fix dust blobs on the INSIDE?

Yeah I have two tiny pieces of dust under my lenses and have for as long as I’ve remembered with my 5k+. Luckily for me, I literally can’t identify them in VR as they are just outside of the sweet spot. I’m sure I could see them if I stared at a green or red solid color, but I just live with it. I’m well out of warranty and I still don’t know if I want to take it apart. Hot shower to keep dust out of the air isn’t exactly the best method but it might work.

2 Likes

you can remove and replace the lenses super easy with a suction cup, and theres even a 2nd layer of glass protecting the screen. if the dust is between the lenses and that glass then it’s a no brainer to pop it open and clear it out. if its in the chamber with the screen you’re out of luck.

3 Likes

Yeah I was in GEVR for another hour last night after my previous post and it is only noticeable on static, solid patches of color, and only when I look down, and only when I’m also moving my head. Might be why it took so long to notice. So I definitely stopped noticing it after I mentally reassured myself it’s not that big a deal. If it was in my sweet spot I’d be pretty pissed though.

1 Like

If it ever gets worse, I might have to give that a try. I have taken a few phones apart so I do have the tools for it.

1 Like

The mesh around the lenses are permeable. Wiping the lens with the cloth statically charges them, any dust that got inside the headset then sticks to it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.