How does the htc vive and the oculus rift handle games that uses parallel projection,why cant it be automatic too on the pimax?

How does the htc vive and the oculus rift handle games that uses parallel projection,why cant it be automatic too on the pimax?

Could pimax make the software so we dont have to cahnge any settings in pitool too play those games?

So that it goes as easy as the htc vive or oculus rift.

5 Likes

They don’t or rather they don’t need to. Because they have a narrow field of view and their panels are not angled.

Older games doesn’t support slanted view ports which is needed for the pimax but there is no way to tell if they do or not. so manual input for parallel projection.

10 Likes

But we all could feed the VR Game Library, in which game supports parallel projection or not. So it’s basically a lookup table for the pitool, and based on the Library it will enable it or not.

5 Likes

yes I asked the same question months ago. They just need a profile per game. Like oculus tray tool. When I get my pimax , if they dont have that feature I will program it myself.:face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

I don’t really understand why these lookup tables are not implemented yet. It’s such a simple concept and will completely solve this issue.

the only downside is that after the profile is set we need to reboot the pc for the parallel projection to function…

You don’t need to reboot the pc for parallel projection, only restart SteamVR, I have switched lots of times.

6 Likes

thx i didnt know that!