How do you deal with sweat?

Finally got Beat Saber, been playing tower tag and racket nx and really starting to sweat.

How do you deal with all the sweat on the headset? Will those disposable VR covers work?

1 Like

Or a wipeable leather pad. Got one from VRMust.

Personally I’m not into the idea of disposable anything these days, too wasteful.

5 Likes

I can’t remember, is the comfort pad that’s coming in the backer box a plether/leather?

I don’t have a backer box coming but I don’t think so. Pimax showed off some leather pad options at CES but haven’t said anything again since.

Extra thin foam as far as they indicated during Pimax Now
42 Minute mark.

I used to be a distance cyclist and had major problems with sweat getting in my eyes. Regular sweatbands just get soggy and quit working. The best solution I found was called the Gutr Sweatband, which is available on Amazon and most bicycle shops. I own several. They divert the sweat, so that it runs down the sides of your face, instead of into your eyes.

I’m not sure how well they work in VR, but if I ever start playing Beat Saber, I’ll probably dig one of mine out of my bike gear and give it a try.

https://www.sweatgutr.com/sweatbands

That is adequate for my 5k+, which I use for roomscale. Not ideal for seated stuff, but I just use a separate headset for that.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.