How backers upgrade to Deluxe Audio Strap?

How backers upgrade to Deluxe Audio Strap?

Hi everyone, I hope you’re all doing well. A question I thought worth proposing on my own and others behalf now follows:

Question: Please can Pimax confirm the actual method for backers to upgrade to the Deluxe Audio
strap BEFORE their new headsets are sent out in the next month or two?

If this situation isn’t covered within the next few weeks, I can see foresee quite a few backers getting upset the standard audio strap experience, isn’t as good as they had hoped on their new Pimax Vision headsets. If this happens to some backers, they will then realise they will have to not only buy an upgrade, but also now pay for additional shipping costs.

I could be mistaken, but planning ahead like this could also save Pimax precious time, in not having to source parts, and then spend time shipping out these parts to backers, that could have been reduced to only one episode of shipping.

Backers, wanting Deluxe Audio Strap upgrade would need to be told please:

1. Cost of upgraded Audiostrap (Deluxe MAS) and if this applies to ‘‘full package’’ backers too.

2. If ordering this upgrade, will this then delay the original shipping date for their headset being sent out that was going to have the standard MAS? If so, by how long? Weeks or months?

3. How backers physically go about upgrading? Do we need to wait in the lengthy ticket system queue by requesting an audio strap upgrade, or could it be arranged that backers can log into their Kickstarter accounts/Pimax Store instead and directly pay for the upgrade this way?

Thank you for any help and feedback.

12 Likes

@PimaxQuorra, I would like to see a (backer upgrade plan H) for a upgrade to the Deluxe Audio Strap :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes yes yes! How was this overlooked???

Good catch Navi

2 Likes

I’d like to know that if I order the Deluxe MAS do I also get the standard MAS speakers so I can swap or do I just get the deluxe headphones?

2 Likes

Good questions! Particularly if it means you are moved to the end of the queue this would be a very good reason not to upgrade to the deluxe variant now but to first get the headset (while keeping the current spot in the queue) and then perhaps buy the upgrade separately later on.

3 Likes

Hello Navi_8K,

Thank you so much for the questions you mentioned above,

1. Upgrade to Deluxe MAS will cost $100USD. It does apply on every upgrade plan for backers!
  2. We will deliver the headset to the users first. Then follow by the Audiostrap. It won’t delay the shipping date for the original headset order. If you are upgrading to Deluxe MAS, it might takes roughly a month and above. (But we will confirm it by later)
  3. You can go to Support and raise a ticket by title (Upgrade to Deluxe MAS) , our CS will take immediate action once they receive the request.

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

4 Likes

Hello Sydost,

If you upgrade it to the Deluxe from the plan, you will only get the Deluxed MAS.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

2 Likes

Hello Zerax,

It will cost $100USD for a upgrade to the Deluxe Audio Strap.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

2 Likes

Can we use the $100 coupons to upgrade to the Deluxe ?

1 Like

Hello Possyguset,

Yes, you may upgrade it using the $100 coupons. Please raise a ticket at Support with a title Upgrade to Deluxe with $100. Our CS team will take care of your request shortly.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

4 Likes

Ok thanks, I am 8k to 5k+ backer, HMD only, As a backer we should get the standard DAS, When you ship the backers Free standard DAS, then can I use the coupons to upgrade to Deluxe ?.

1 Like

Please tell me what is deluxe MAS.

From this answer deluxe mas is a das with head phone and i could change from standard mas (we have seen to CES) to deluxe mas only buying another das.

is this correct ?

It’s in the shop:
https://store.pimaxvr.com/shop/product/modular-audio-head-strap-311

Standard MAS

Deluxe MAS

1 Like

Yes I know, but that is to buy it, Backers should get one free, I just want to know if at the time they send the DAS it can be upgraded to DAS deluxe using the coupon.

1 Like

It was in response to this:

2 Likes

ooppss sorry :woozy_face:

2 Likes

No problem :smiley:

Actually, I was told I could use my “cracked headset” coupon (100$ for a tiny crack - newer/bigger cracks not included if any arise) for upgrading from a Standard MAS to a Deluxe MAS if pre-order customers were indeed receiving a MAS free of charge (which we were promised a long time ago), so I guess it would apply for a backer too, right? :wink:

2 Likes

So it’s another das. You are not buying a small headphone to mount on the standard mas!!!
To upgrade from standard mas you disassemble the whole standard mas from pimax 8k x and change it with the upgraded one

1 Like

Hi PimaxQuorra

Raise a ticket at Support with a title “Upgrade to Deluxe with $100” sounds good.

But will the upgrade be listed as a sales order on our account. This is very convenient as buyer to keep track of our orders, I wish every upgrades and backer items from KS is listed as a sales order.

I created a mockup picture below to explain

2 Likes

Hello Zerax,

Thank you for the suggestion, we will forward this to our webmaster. To check whether we will able to sum up the orders together between SO and Kickstarters.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

2 Likes