Housing Issue Reports (cracks, imperfections etc.)

You can not send me a return label for almost 2 weeks because you have to reply to the forums for 3 days?
How much longer do i have to wait?

@Matthew.Xu Same here, my old headset arrived 3 weeks ago and nothing except “I will send the new headset to you soon”. (ticket #18523)

No offense, I’m not so sure some replys to the forum should be a priority over RMA processes. For exemple these 3 days I see you have to repeat the same answer: wait for updates about upgrade plans, $100 wireless coupon is only for Wireless (sait 3x and 2x in the same discussion). I know that this job takes time, I’ve been Community Manager for 10ish years before doing staff management (that’s why I sympathize), but many times it’s better to let people use their brain and do some research :wink:

1 Like

Hello I’m Backer. I use now for 3 days finally my headset 5k + and must after these 3 days already many cracks and flaking of the case notice. I would like an exchange of the goods. The case simply dissolves after such a short time without me dropping it. How can that be? Please replace my headset housing. Please send me information on how to return the headset. Respectively. Is it possible that you send me a defect-free device and I send them back to mine?
Had someone also this problems? I have now my new controllers and
use now my headset. The last month it is in the box and not toucht. I can not understand how that can be true.

1 Like

Contact the support desk with pictures to arrange an rma.

1 Like

Yes the housing issue may singlehandedly be their biggest downfall. Unbelievable they let version 1 out the door. Now reaching the warranty deadline will force an influx at the same time attempting new product release. Sad affairs, hope they pull it off. I truly want to see them achieve so much more. I am however not willing to throw more cash their way yet. If index had only solved SDE, I would have moved on from hopes for pimax. Was nice to see version 1 VR in 2016 but now in 2020 not looking for 2.0. Lets hope things progress faster in the next four years.

5 Likes

There are dozens of threads about the cracked housing on the forum. Have you tried search function?

5 Likes

Heres one for example
https://community.openmr.ai/t/housing-issue-reports-cracks-imperfections-etc/17203

3 Likes

I contact the support. How did they handle it in the past. I am angry because i just use the headset 3 days because i just get my valve controllers and basetations. Is it possible to get a replacement before sending the old one to Pimax?

It used to be, not sure about the current policy.

1 Like

When I RMA’d mine for cracks a few months ago it was not possible to get one sent before sending it back.

The process was to send it back, then they verify the cracks then they send a new one.

I called the NA support center and they gave me a shipping label for free which I used to return it. The Chinese support wanted me to pay for cheap shipping and then provide an invoice for reimbursement.

Kevin was saying that the Chinese support center was supposed to be switching to providing shipping labels at some point but I don’t know if that had happened yet. So you may need to pay to ship it back and then get reimbursed.

1 Like

Yes this must be costing Pimax a lot of money .

3 Likes

There are hundreds of user with the same problem. Mine had started cracks right after second week. They had promised me to send just the outer shell for DIY, but later never got a reply although I tried several times. Soon I will open another ticket just for replacement. I am afraid same thing going to happen again, and soon the warranty will be over in february. They should continue to support those devices with cracks as it is not the users fault. They screwed with the casing.

I hope they send me a new one.

Yes, unfortunately I can confirm that too.

I have received a new Pimax with the new case. It has been sent directly by Pimax.

I have done an RMA six times because of cracks.

I am horrible!

Unfortunately, nothing has changed.

I have the feeling … Every Pimax gets cracks.

I got six Pimax 5k Plus.

All are broken after two to 14 days.

It is really terrible.

The technology is very good.
The cases are unfortunately very bad. That’s too bad.

Here are some pictures.
Pimax is now 15 days old.

:sob::sob::sob::dancing_men::dancing_men:

3 Likes

Do you happen to know the 7th 8th and 9th digits from the serial number on your headsets? This would be the manufacturing date.

The 7th is the year 8 = 2018, 9 = 2019

8th and 9th are the week of the year.

So 806 is 2018 the 06th week.

3 Likes

And they were actually going to ship the “enthusiast grade” 8k+ and 8K-X without the ruggedized housing? I don’t understand how they justify the price

4 Likes

3 Likes

Wow. Is the last one from after sept 16 when was suppose to be new improved housing?

4 Likes

Yep that should have been a new improved.

Not good at all.

7 Likes

“Improved housing” I believe it when I see it… Got an RMA at this point of time will report when I get the unit back… Hopefully they fixed it…

1 Like