Have an unique issue i had, and realized something weird about it

So, today i decided to boot up my 8KX headset.
and it kept getting stuck with 10632 error and 10932 error none stop.

Then it hit me, all i did was enable 160hz OC mode from my monitor, and once i disabled that(went back to 144hz mode). the headset booted right up… i am like “why would that effect the headset”…
so i had another idea, what if i put it back to 160hz would it do it…sure enough the error came up again.
so i thought, what if i unplug my 2nd monitor with 160hz mode on, will it work.

it did… so, my issue is.

why is it, that if i have my 3440X1440, and my 4K 160hz monitors hooked up.
why i cant boot up my 8KX(only 144hz mode is fine).
If anyone had experienced something like this before and can answer.
that would be awesome. :thinking:

Here is my full specs btw of the monitors and such:
Main monitor: lg-27GN950-B (all firmware updated and latest Driver)
2nd monitor: Dell U3415W (same thing)

PC:
CPU: Intel 10900K 5.1ghz all core.
GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming 4090 OC
RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 17CL 32GB 4133mh
MB: ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero

6 Likes

3 Likes

So, you’re having similar issue too…

Yea, the moment i turn off my OC mode on my monitor, and have it default to 144hz.
i can use my 8KX…and if its on…nope…Or if i leave 160hz mode on and unplug my 2nd monitor i can… its weird…

2 Likes

less weird. The graphics card is simply exhausted from a certain range (pixel/Hz).

1 Like

you would figure with a 4090, it would be less of an issue with bandwidth.
specially seeing people with multimonitor and such…ect in the past

1 Like

2080, 3080, 4090… the performance itself doesn’t affect it. DP 1.4 remains DP 1.4

3 Likes

should i swap over my 2nd monitor to HDMI?
(think that would help on bandwidth)

i had this thought before i posted all of this too, since both of my monitors are DP atm.

Edit: guess does not matter what i do.
i cant even get it to boot… even if i set my 2nd monitor as 30hz and low res…
the moment i put my main monitor to 160hz, i cant use my VR unless i DC my 2nd monitor…

~Todd

2 Likes

Exhausted, that would be possible. however, the gpu also operates a projector and two tablets if no vr hmd is connected via cable (8kx). other problems were win10/win11. the overcurrent on the usb. missing usb endpoints, which temporarily suspends other usb devices. and lastly, the tracking/image lag. which was turned off with an update and became usable.

2 Likes

i had this long ago. but it was when my monitor WASNT oc’ed to 100hz, but stuck at 60hz, because it mixed up pimax with the monitor. I think deleted pimax and reinstalled it in the devices and it worked but i dont remember for sure.

2 Likes

Well, another thing i did try as most said it was a bandwidth problem on the card itself.
(DP/HDMI ports)

i decided to go into the bios, enable multi-gpu(basically enable my built in intel GPU that my 10900K has) so i have 2 to use, hooked up my 2nd monitor…decided to OC my main that is on the 4090 to 160hz.
figured the load will be separate…STILL error 10934…

its on a separate GPU… no issues should be there…heck if i unplug my 2nd monitor and my main is at 160hz, my 8Kx will boot fine…

This is stupid…i just want to use my monitor at 160hz, and dont want to have to disable it just to use my VR…

2 Likes

Going to add to this…
and its really stupid…

JUST having my IGPU enabled, PREVENTS my 8KX from booting AT ALL.
does not matter if the 2nd monitor is Unplugged and my 160hz mode is OFF(back to 144hz)

it wont boot unless i go back to my Bios and DISABLE the Multi-GPU support(IGPU)…
this is really weird and idk what to do on this… this could be an issue for others too if by default its on(i usually have it disabled)

~Todd

1 Like

I think this is a problem with Pimax not being able to run on two DSC-enabled display devices simultaneously. If you’re using a mode like 4K 144Hz 8-bit that doesn’t utilize the display’s DSC mode, it won’t be an issue. However, if you’re using a 4K 144Hz 10-bit mode or 4K160Hz 8-bit mode , it will enter the DSC mode. To work around this, you can either set the 8KX to a non-DSC mode at 75Hz or use the Windows key + P shortcut to disable DSC mode on the display when using the HMD.

2 Likes

yea, my main monitor is 4K 144hz 10-bit(HDR), and has a 160hz mode.

My 2nd monitor is 3440x1440 60hz 8bit panels.
I can do some more tests to get it to work the way you said.

Thanks for the info

~Todd

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.