Hand Tracking Module Setup Guide

Hand Tracking Module Setup Guide

The hand tracking module is compatible with the Pimax Artisan, 5k+, 8K, XR, 8K+ and 8KX headsets and can be installed in just a few minutes or less. This device is designed with the latest technology and optimized for a wide field of view.

It is best if your headset is not plugged into your pc or power supplies when installing your hand tracking module.

Installation Steps:

Inside your Hand Tracking package please choose the screw that matches the hole diameter of the bottom of your Pimax headset as shown in the following illustration.

After assembling the module as shown in the next figure insert the screws into the holes indicated by red circles. Then use a screwdriver of appropriate size to tighten the screws.

1. Please make sure you have installed the latest Pitool software. It is required you use at least version 263. You can download the software here: https://www.pimax.com/pages/pitool (the download is the 2nd version shown on the page).

2. After you have installed and secured the hand tracking hardware to your headset you can now connect your headset to the power and your PC.

The latest Pitool software will automatically detect your new Hand Tracking module and will display a link to download and install the required driver software for the hand tracking Module as shown in the following image.

1. Complete the setup of the hand tracking driver once it has downloaded and completed installation you will notice that hand tracking is shown attached to the headset within Pitool.

All Done! Your new hardware is installed and the software is ready for action.

Software Applications:

Now it’s time to try out your new hand tracking module with some software!

Demo Apps
There are many sample apps you can download here:
https://gallery.leapmotion.com/
Some suggested demo apps are: Cat Explorer / Mirrors / Paint / Particles / Shortcuts

DCS World with hand tracking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xdn53YpcIQ

Flyinside with hand tracking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyOfWEMG-H4&list=PLjxspSpPh2s3x_SHrljdE1Mx0K5m40XPq&index=32

8 Likes

NeoVR with hand tracking: Full body avatars with finger tracking using Leap Motion (Neos VR) - YouTube

3 Likes

Thanks for the update!
Are there any differences in experience for 5k/8k users compared to 8kX like with the eye tracker due to USB bandwidth limitation or is it gonna be exactly the same?

3 Likes

So when is the hand tracker shipping for us ks backers who bought it?

1 Like

Seriously?! 188MB just for the driver?

I have had mine for over a week now. Just received the headset today. :heart_eyes: Happy Camper!!!

1 Like

What backer number are you, if you don’t mind me asking?
Mine is near the end, so maybe mine isn’t shipping for a while.
I’ve heard nothing at all from pimax though

Yes as I guessed…as usual…nobody official that walks the talk…Boooh

1. _________________________1

The runtime includes debugging tools.

They’re being sent out soon. I’m backer 400+ and don’t have one yet, but hopefully in October we will receive them.

Glad to see all the parts finished and arriving. :star_struck:

@PimaxQuorra I ordered nearly a year ago, when will it ship?

Did you receive an email notification letting you know it had shipped or did it simply turn up at your door? I would have thought that I would have gotten mine by now. I updated my address like they asked us to, I hope that’s not the issue.

Got a fedex shipping notification. I’m in the USA.

I’m in the US as well, I just posted with my VPN turned on. I assume you have to make an account to get FedEx shipping notifications?

@PimaxQuorra @PimaxUSA

Do all US shipments come via FedEx? What delivery service should I keep an eye out for? I’m expecting both the hand tracking module and the “backer box.”

Hello,

Yes sir, majority of the shipments are come via FedEx.

Sincerely.

Thank you very much for your reply! Can you confirm whether all hand tracking modules have shipped at this point? Based on Project Update #83, it seems I was right to be concerned about confirming my shipping address. Is there anyway a Pimax representative can confirm that my address has been updated? I updated my information again this morning but there was no confirmation message and I’d like to be sure. Thanks again :+1:

1 Like

Please make an announcement when you believe that all hand tracking modules have been shipped for each group (Kickstarter, pre-order, upgrade, etc.) That way we will be able to tell if someone has been overlooked and needs to open a ticket to get theirs.

Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.