Hand Tracking Module for sale in the store... where are they?

I paid extra in Kickstarter for the hand tracking module that I see is now for sale in the Pimax store. Did anybody receive theirs? To be clear, I am not accusing or complaining, I am trying to find out if I was supposed to get mine by now and have not. If I am not supposed to have it yet but it is on sale in the store, I would like to know what the status is on it?

3 Likes

They’re not shipped yet but will be soon. The specific timeframe was announced in last Pimax Day (1) update, but I don’t remember if it was November or December, 2019.

What You’re seeing in the shop is pre-orders of them (I pre-ordered when pre-ordering my 5K+ and will probably receive mine after the backers receieve theirs, but before the new pre-orders are sent, hopefully)… :wink:

1 Like

Thanks- there’s so much info, it can be overwhelming to keep up to date.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Since we’re on the topic, any news about the prescription lens adapter? We were supposed to be able to fill out a form on the website in the third week of October and it’s now November.

Nothing yet. This is how Pimax works :rofl:

1 Like

News on the release: none
Other news:

• They released/are releasing the files so people will be able to print their own.
  • The eye-tracking module will also work as a prescription lens adapter.
2 Likes

I think we should check before buying the elusive Hand Tracking Module, to see if it can operate OK if we have the Eye tracking Module already powered up.

If the headsets don’t support powering two modules simultaneously then it would be fortuitous to not preorder Hand Tracking and also for Kickstarter backers who pledged $100 for Hand Tracking back in late 2017 to put this towards Eye Tracking instead.

Hopefully this is not the case and both can be physically connected without the headset ‘detecting’ two USB modules and launching some kind of software block if the headset can’t generate enough USB power for two modules at once.

This is unlikely but if it was so, and you are using prescription lenses in your 7invensun Eye Tracking module to ‘see’ generally in VR, this might then require removal of the lower Hand Tracking module which might need something like a screw/allen bolt to secure it to the bottom of the headset unless it clips in somehow and can be quickly detached.

This was basically one of the few bits of info released that wasn’t about the new headsets or upgrade plans, in the pimax day 2 videos from the summary i read.
They said specifically that both work at the same time.

Whether that actually turns out to be true though is anyone’s guess, what with how pimax changes their mind about everything each time they have a new “day”.

1 Like

What exactly is the point of the eye tracker? Please don’t say the obvious, I am aware that it is used to track eyes.

automatic ipd, and a performance boost with rtx cards with software that supports it.

1 Like

the one thing i hope it will be used for is assisting in gui selection combining what you’re looking at with where the pointer is to get more precise and fast click selection is stuff like virtual desktop

The 7invensun Eye tracking module also supports prescription lenses for people who wear glasses.

So glasses wearers who are backers (who buy eyetracking module for $99) won’t now need their VR frame prescription lens adapter that was in Kickstarter.

I also paid an extra $100 in my KS pledge for the hand tracking module. When can we expect these to ship?
@Matthew.Xu

1 Like

May begin on January.

2 Likes

Hand tracking on the Oculus Quest is now available. I tried it last night and it’s it’s still in early development and now working in the menu systems navigating, pinch and scroll ,activate etc. Quite amazing to see your hands in the virtual world without a physical controller, like a scene from “The Minority Report”.

4 Likes

Thanks, I just cancelled my 8K+ pre ordered and got a Quest locally. Best money ever spent.

3 Likes

Both systems have their pros and cons, so for now I’ll live in both worlds, 5K+ and Quest.

2 Likes

Yeah the hand tracking for the quest is an awesome addition but is still no where even close to what we had with the LEAP motion back in the day. Some of those early experiments with it were also some of the most amazing things I did back then! There is just something magical about seeing and using your true hands in VR! I am very excited that the hand tracking module we will be getting for our Pimax headsets will be a LEAP motion or Ultrahaptics as they are now called but with a wider FOV. The limited range of motion was what killed LEAP hand tracking for most back then so if it is truely a wide FOV solution then this will be amazing! I know Oculus will eventually get there and that it is mind blowing that we are seeing native hand tracking on a mobile VR device in 2019 but I think if Pimax does this right it is gonna really blow some folks minds! []-)

1 Like