GTA5 on PC for Free at EPIC Game Store (great for VorpX)

Hey guys, just whant to let you know, that EPIC GAME gives away GTA5 on PC for free!
Offer ends on May 21. 2020.
GTA5 looks great on VorpX. There was a performance boost update for VorpX if you´ve missed that one out as well.
Cheers :beers:

3 Likes

There is actually a GTA vr mod that looks much better than vorpx IMO.

https://github.com/LukeRoss00/gta5-real-mod

6 Likes

In this Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4QD_ggjrK8 the guy says the mod is for “Single player”. Could you please confirm that “Online” is working too?

Edit: He even points out that it´s likely to get banned if you use a mod like this Online… no?

Definitely for single player only. I wasn’t thinking about online because I never play it. I was more just talking about the quality of the 3d effect and how much it feels like a real VR game. the only downside to the mod is that there is a stutter effect when looking to the side while moving. It’s not too bad on my machine but it is there. (1080ti with i7 7700) I personally never had much luck with getting vorpx to look all that great in GTA

2 Likes

it seems like this GTA5-real-mod is out of date, the game is not running.
I have to reinstall.

1 Like

it definitely works. Try again and use Normal FOV. Large is messed.

1 Like

The version of GTA5 you get for free from Epic is Version 1.0.1868.4.
But the file ScriptHookV.dll, which is needed for mods, only supports version 1.0.1868.1, so we will have to wait for an updated version of ScriptHookV.dll
See

and
GitHub - LukeRoss00/gta5-real-mod: R.E.A.L. mod - VR enabler for Grand Theft Auto V (paragraph 3, Apr 4 Update)

3 Likes

Nope definitely doesent work for me, i get a ScriptHookV error because its out of date.
ScriptHookV version is for GTA5 1.1868.1 but my GTA5 is on 1.1868.4.4 already.

1 Like

Exactly !
Hope they will update it soon :slight_smile:
Cheers

1 Like

yeah, sorry for the false info. i just heard about that on “the grid vr” YouTube channel.

Is the steam version affected too?

2 Likes

ahh no worries, you tried to help thx :slight_smile:
Well i´m not sure if Steam version is affected too, since i just got it for free at EpicGames.
I think the Modder is aware of it already.
It´s just strange that the ScriptHookV website is down… It was working yesterday :thinking:

1 Like

hes probably planning a grand release, so took it down … just speculating.

1 Like

i found this it might help

1 Like

Holy so I just found out this was released 4 days ago. I need to know if this works in VR!

@vrgamerdude might know

2 Likes

just found an indepth review of it. its definetly cool, its likely to bring VR rigs to their knees.

3 Likes

Nah… I have never messed around with modding for GTA V but if I get some free time soon I might check this out! []-)

1 Like

Sadly for now it’s not working cause it using ENBs not compatible with VR.

As Luke Ross (REAL VR MOD Author) said :

1 Like

wow, so that actually answers quite a few posts on the topic of making reshade work in VR. Someone (Pimax?) would have to rebuild reshade from the ground up for Vr.

1 Like

Yep i was assuming the same thing.
But I recently saw messages in the NVE’s discord of people amazed by NVE rendering associated with REAL VR MOD.
So it’s a good news and I will have to test then

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.