Graphene Batteries to power next gen standalone headsets? (Speculation)

Imagine the next geneation standalone headsets used this.

4 Likes

Batterie with Graphene in them have been about for some years now,

I dont recommend them over lithium polymer battery, life time of these batteries do not last as long as standard lithium polymer battery.
Is this a NEW batterie with 100% Graphene ?

3 Likes

The Gpro is a new process, charges ~80% faster than the best lithium and survives more recharge cycles. I think most people would rate this battery as the first next gen battery in forever.

5 Likes

The batteries are Li-Ion enhanced with graphene, leading to improved charge time, capacity and durability. Just sharing for those curious and ā€œGraphene Batteriesā€ sounds as though it is the main material(but Possyguset already sort of mention that :slight_smile:).

3 Likes

ā€˜1,000Wh per kilogramā€™
Even 400Wh per kilogram would be a worthwhile upgrade for a lot of applications.

That said, Lithium ranks rather high on charts of standard electrode potential, and very low on weight. Some of the so-called graphene batteries are still apparently using Lithium ions somehow. There are also other superior Lithium battery technologies around, so I continue to be skeptical how ā€˜revolutionaryā€™ the ā€˜grapheneā€™ buzzword really is in any application.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.