Gossip on 3080 TI - Power to the X

So if you want true 4K, more power cant hurt - this gossip looks interessting, cant wait to see if ist true :slight_smile:

Then I guess if you get 60FPS now you could go to 90 FPS :wink:

6 Likes

Guess why I stuck with my GTX 1080Ti and did not upgrade to RTX2080Ti :grin::grin:

11 Likes

Same here I’m also happy at the moment with my 1080ti, and hope that the next gen will be not to long after i receive my Pimax 8kX. I would sure like to try the new RTX features now though.:drooling_face:

6 Likes

I wish they release it in March coincide with the release of 8KX. I am not happy if it is released in the 2nd half since I don’t have a GPU capable of running 8KX.

2 Likes

If what SweViver said is true you should be okay. Though more power is always better. :beers::grin::+1::sparkles:

Still on 1080ti on my 8k.

7 Likes

I upgraded from a GTX 1080 to a 2080TI and according to 3dmark ive got roughly a 63% performance upgrade . Both cards are/were OC"d

6 Likes

I think my Aorus 1080ti waterforce extreme will hold up till the 3080ti.
For the 5k it will be fine i think/hope. Not An investment to ditch already after 2 years imho. I am curious how it will play Alyx and MOH… I barely stressed it till date. So it has to be seen. Is there any news on using sli for games? Especially when vr? I remember a few years ago, it wouldn’t work well.

3 Likes

I went for the 2080TI - might consider the 3080TI if it’s a good upgrade and I find a good way to get the 2080TI into the market again - good card , but for VR there can’t be enough power :pleading_face:

5 Likes

Got a 2080ti and will get a 3080ti the minute its available because I’m still not able to run the game I want to play the most at more than 30 fps.

7 Likes

I really wonder if such a game would use alle the API‘s to get all those extras in use from the GPU and also all the Cores from a CPU how they would actually run.

1 Like

DCS???:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

For me also DCS ( is one of them) … and what I wrote is typical for them. They mentioned many improvements in there recent mail - hope some make it to VR

Edit: especially lighting- might make those shadow stutters disappear and real 3D Clouds would be nice - I hate that they always keep there Front on me

3 Likes

I too am very interested in the 3080ti , if it turn’s out to be a 50% jump ,it would be a beast of a card, but as always best to wait a see the numbers!!!
The hype train can really suck in :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Currently Titanic Honor and Glory. Which is just a demo right now but I take my Pimax to conventions and assist the devs in showcasing it in VR and right now its barely running at the lowest graphics settings. When my 8kX arrives its the first game I’m going to try but I’m honestly doubting I’ll even be able to play it which is unfortunate because I’d love to be able to show off their work on the highest resolution possible.

4 Likes

I did the same , I went from a 1080 to a 2080Ti. But damn that BitCoin gamble nVidia made cost us way too much. I paid twice what I paid for the 1080 to get that card. the 63% performance increase was dope though.

My question is do you think that nvidia will go back to their sane pricing for the 3080Ti?

I expect based on past history that the 3080Ti will be about 30% faster than the 2080Ti and hopefully won’t cost $1800CAD

im hoping it will be 2/3 of that.

6 Likes

That would be good to know, I read some hints the price would be down some more, I would guess like 799 maybe stock, so I guess with tax and OC es it will be 1000dish. But on the other hand there is no need to be cheap for them, since the TI is still unmatched. And lots of VR goodies are only propagated by NVIDIA’s Cards, also that no for some time which might make them more realistic to be implemented- I really hope AMD starts to compete, even if it’s just to make the price more realistic.

4 Likes

Yeah fingers crossed AMD will release there top tier card this summer at a competitive price, a good sign is nvidia have lowered some of there price’s for card’s out now to combat AMD !!! We live in hope! :rofl:

2 Likes

Though unless something changed AMD cards are known to be better miners.

2 Likes

hey you wanna merge this thread with this one?

https://community.openmr.ai/t/here-we-go-again-nvidia-rtx-3080-specs-leak/25432?u=drowhunter

2 Likes

So it begins, my poor wallet…:sleepy:

7 Likes