Give us an option to turn off the front led

Not everyone is interested in the disco show that goes on when PP is on, having a light blinking constantly is very annoying. I’m not interested in lights period on the outside of the headset. We have been given the option to change colors, now give us the option to turn it off completely.

15 Likes

Out of curiosity, how is it bothering you? When you aren’t using it? Why not just turn the headset off?

Because I’m not the only one in the house? And it is bothersome to watch people play with it flashing.

Using that arguement though, why is there an led on the headset period? Or options to change colors?

Why give the option to change colors but draw the line at the option to disable it?

4 Likes

I think the whole thing is as much a waste as lighting the parts inside a computer and having a glass window but I guess one could put presents around the tower this time of year and save on a tree. :laughing:

2 Likes

Why does the chevron flash on and off during PP mode only? I think everyone knows by now that the color for this mode is purple and a steady color is all that’s required to indicate PP in order to alleviate distracting or annoying casual observers in the same room. Any flashing color (no matter which) would be distracting. I always thought this “flashing mode” was overkill and kind of cheesy looking anyway.

4 Likes

The flashing looks terrible and makes it seem like there is something wrong with the headset. I have gone to two conventions helping demo a video game using the 5k+ and both times the question of “why is it flashing?” was brought up. It’s just annoying.

I still dont see why they wont allow us to turn the led off completely though? Or why people feel the need to take a counter point. If it doesnt bother you then move on but it does bother me. Quite a bit too.

5 Likes

The point I was trying to make was if it’s flashing while you’re not using it, then just turn the headset off. But while you’re using it, you won’t see it.
But I see your point by it’s distracting if someone else is using it. I agree that if changing colours is possible, disabling it shouldn’t be a problem, if anything it makes sense, I agree

3 Likes

There is a fix… black tape (just not too sticky).

2 Likes

If you put a bunch of us behind it you won’t have to decorate the tree. Think of the Christmas light show. Different colors. PP light flashing. Failed firmware sets with system lights twinkling. AH Tis The Season.

3 Likes

+1 for LED off, would also be nice if LED setting is applied without Pitool running. I rarely launch Pitool at all.

1 Like

BUMP

I still dont understand why this isn’t an option. You spent the time on making the led different colors for whatever reason that would have been the perfect time to implement an OFF option as well but now months later and it still isn’t an there. I have zero intent to put tape over my headset please allow us the option to turn this off.

The led is completely useless and super bright in a dark room.

3 Likes

I second that. It looks stupid when I make a Pimax video to have it blinking. We should be able to turn this off completely, without having to use tape. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Just ask nicely and I’m sure it will be implemented. :slight_smile: I don’t see why not.

2 Likes

i’ll throw in a pro-blinking argument: the early Tested video of Alyx you could see when they used a pimax the light was blinking and that gave us information that alyx would require PP that we wouldnt have had if they thought the blinking was ugly for the video and turned it off.

Sorry no I dont agree with this. You can find out if a game needs PP by using a simple search, who cares if its turned off in a video. I dont see how that justifies keeping ME from turning it off…

We’re requesting an “option”. It doesn’t negate your wish to have it on.

Are you replying to me? I want it off…

Sorry I mis-read your post. Forgive :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

No worries, I just wanted to clarify :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like